Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: My lovely Ryeland sheep :-(  (Read 1043 times)

Jukes Mum

• Joined Apr 2014
  • North Yorkshire
My lovely Ryeland sheep :-(
« on: May 20, 2019, 02:49:04 pm »
I am going to have to sell most of my flock. I just don't have time to look after them properly and they deserve better.
Stanley - registered Coloured Ryeland tup. Lovely chappy. The kids used to ride him! Lovely to deal with and produces lovely lambs  :hugsheep:
Sidney- Stanley's son from last April. Lovely dark coloured Ryeland tup, but not registered.
Mavis and Doris- Lovely characters. Both registered white Ryelands. Have both produced some lovely lambs, some of which can be seen.  Mavis has got the nicest fleece and the wool spinners look forward to recieving her fleece.
Norm- I suspect no one will want Norm as she is getting on a bit. She might be 8 now. She gets porky eating thin air, is very easy to deal with and has triplets each year which she raises herself. Norm will stay if no one wants her.
Freeda- One of Norm's lambs from 2017. White. Not registered.
Marjory- not a Ryeland! Some sort of muley thing. She was adopted (don't tell her!) Freda's best mate. Very nosy!

They are all up to date with vacs, bucket trained and generally easy to do.
I can't take them to market because I'm a wuss.
Need a nice new home for them  :gloomy: :hugsheep:
Don’t Monkey With Another Monkey’s Monkey

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: My lovely Ryeland sheep :-(
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 04:43:03 pm »
maybe try advertising them on preloved and fb :) plenty of willing buyers on there. They sound absolutely lovely sheep, I hope you sell them soon  :thumbsup:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS