Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: WELLIES!!  (Read 1488 times)

PipKelpy

• Joined Mar 2019
  • North Shropshire
  • Dreamer with Mary, (cow) and sheep.
WELLIES!!
« on: May 07, 2019, 11:11:11 pm »
I've just killed my 2nd pair of Dunlop Purofort + safety wellies, the one has split on the heel, the other down the seam on the leg. These ones are the top rated for non slip. Also, the lightest. However, the grooves, though stated as easy clean, get the blasted little stones as i traipse up the drive and the dog is after them in the house. I'm reluctantly thinking of "upgrading" to the next ones, which are the the Dunlop Purofort Thermo+ full safety, i say reluctantly as when i first picked up one boot, i could have cried, due to the weight of it. Dunlop have also brought out the Outlanders which are cut resistant. (Handy for when the bloody cow stands where the steel toe cap ends!!) Has anyone got a pair of either of these last 2? I know that my legs will get a good work out hefting these boots about in the winter, but how good are they grip wise/slip wise? Cattle come in the shed in winter and i use mats and shavings but in the mornings there is pee/poo etc. I have felt pretty safe with my Dunlops! We have a section of an old railway and when its wet, the access gets very slippy, fancy festival wellies will ensure that you end up at the bottom and not via walking!! Proper sturdy boots for my feet necessary. Also, yesterday, (i am having to wear my safety rigger boots at moment to save forking out for another pair of wellies) i was bringing Knickers and Mary down the drive and the neighbours dogs scared them. Non Slip have good grips, thank god! Mary jumped, pushed into Knickers and pulled me as well. I kept hold (Knickers is very very calm, didn't actually flinch) but i skidded on some gravel due to Mary yanking me. Rigger boots good, but short, currently under waterproof trousers (and i'm still in thermal vests!! Have been since October! Damart, stock pile when cheap, minimum grade 3. Dont bother with the womens vest, they are too flimsy, the mens are better.)
Halter train the cattle to keep them quiet but watch your back when they come a'bulling! Give them all names even those you plan to eat. Always be calm. Most importantly, invest in wellies with steel toe caps and be prepared for the clever cow who knows where the toe caps end!!

oor wullie

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Strathnairn
Re: WELLIES!!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 12:11:15 am »
Cofra thermic safety wellies are what I have.  I have still to wear out my first pair and they are nice and warm in winter.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS