Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Thomson and Morgan going bust?  (Read 7101 times)

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
Re: Thomson and Morgan going bust?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2019, 11:02:04 pm »
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03882103

Dissolved

But the link says company dissolved as long ago as Oct 2017 ! 
Since T&M are still advertising on the web 19 mths later,  there's something wrong somewhere !!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2019, 11:05:15 pm »
That's what I thought.

smhowie

• Joined May 2014
  • irvine, ayrshire, scotland
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2019, 07:59:56 am »
garden news is giving free seeds all from Thomson and Morgan so i wonder how it can no longer be in business.

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2019, 10:19:38 am »
According to wikepedia:
<<....In May 2002, Thompson & Morgan returned to independent private ownership by Primary Capital Partners,the Sangster brothers and key management. The company was sold to BVG Group in March 2017 through the acquisition of their parent company, Branded Garden Products for an undisclosed amount, however the sale price was estimated at £10m.[5] The new group will have a combined turnover of £140m, with an EBITDA in the region of £13.5m.[>>
..which sort of fits in with winding up the original post sale
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thompson_and_Morgan

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2019, 10:21:18 am »
not as fast as pgkevet on on keyboard !!

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2019, 10:31:09 am »
not as fast as pgkevet on on keyboard !!
V says I'm too fast too... :innocent:

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !

GribinIsaf

• Joined Aug 2015
  • Montgomeryshire
    • Gribin Isaf
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2019, 08:30:40 pm »

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2019, 01:03:33 pm »
My fruit plants arrived OK
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

clanger

• Joined May 2018
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2019, 12:08:08 pm »
My asparagus crowns turned up last Friday - I ordered them in November, to originally be told that they would be despatched at the end of Feb. At the end of Feb, I got an email saying that it would be mid-March as there were supply problems. Having seen the similar problems on here I decided to give up on them as a lost cause.

I then got home from work last Friday to find a box of asparagus crowns sitting on the doorstep. Inside was a note apologising and saying that they have had IT problems and are trying to get through the backlog as quick as possible.

HTH,

Chris

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2019, 04:11:18 pm »
See above re takeover - going round in circles here. But basically they seem to be extremely slow to fill orders and may go out of business soon if they don't pull their socks up
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

PipKelpy

• Joined Mar 2019
  • North Shropshire
  • Dreamer with Mary, (cow) and sheep.
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2019, 03:57:13 pm »
Blimey, i'm waiting for lavender and foxglove plugs plus a pile of free tomato plants via either Kitchen Garden or Grow your Own, can't remember which.

Now, currently tapping on a little laptop, but when i go on tablet, Van Meuwen site is a bugger to load and go through. Really doesnt like it. But i have noticed at the top, Branded Garden Products and they're the same folk as Thompson & Morgan.

I get emails as well from the others and they all seemed to be joined at the hip, got all the same offers etc. I have been buying plug plants via Groupon as they are cheaper (all coming from Thompson & Morgan though) yet 1 offer, i have had refunded as it was delivered from T&M but the plants were either half dead or broke. Sweet talking plants doesnt seem to work and though i shoved them in the garden, 1 has completely withered away and the other 2 arent sure whether to die or not.
Halter train the cattle to keep them quiet but watch your back when they come a'bulling! Give them all names even those you plan to eat. Always be calm. Most importantly, invest in wellies with steel toe caps and be prepared for the clever cow who knows where the toe caps end!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS