Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Heptavac storage unopened  (Read 2478 times)

Advertisement

Nelson International

• Joined Aug 2017
Heptavac storage unopened
« on: April 04, 2019, 11:41:56 am »
Hiya, I’m interested in how long I can keep Heptavac in the fridge unopened? I know it’s only good for a day or so once you’ve opened it, but how long is it good for before you use it?

I’d reconciled myself to the £25 for a bottle even though I won’t use most of it, but I’ve just discovered that there’s £15 postage on top as it’s a refrigerated delivery.  :o So I’m thinking about ordering all three bottles (ewes, lambs’ part 1 and then lambs’ top up) for the year in one go to save on postage. But then I’d have to keep the last of the bottles for about two months in total. Will it be ok?

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
Re: Heptavac storage unopened
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 11:49:45 am »
It depends on the expiry date on the bottom on the box you purchase - what is it?

Nelson International

• Joined Aug 2017
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 01:29:42 pm »
It depends on the expiry date on the bottom on the box you purchase - what is it?

Hmm, I won't know until I've bought it ;-)

I wonder if I can work it from my records of last year roughly how long the expiry date is from purchase.

Edit: well, last year's had a 2019 expiry date, so I guess if I can keep it refrigerated, I should be able to buy three bottles at once.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 01:31:23 pm by Nelson International »

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 01:35:58 pm »
Ring the place you’re buying from and ask the expiry date. I’ve done this a few times with wormers I’ve bought online

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 03:45:06 pm »
I have a bottle in the fridge that expires December 2019, and I've had it a month, so it has a shelf life of at least 10 months, possibly longer.
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 06:09:28 pm »

Hmm, I won't know until I've bought it ;-)

I wonder if I can work it from my records of last year roughly how long the expiry date is from purchase.

Edit: well, last year's had a 2019 expiry date, so I guess if I can keep it refrigerated, I should be able to buy three bottles at once.

Assumption is the mother of all - well you know the rest. Buy ones with a long date

Mel

• Joined Jan 2019
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 06:14:38 pm »
Had the same problem was cheaper (due to postage) buying direct off local vet and picking it up

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 07:18:19 pm »
For a seasonal product, the pharmaceutical manufacturing companies will produce batches with an aim to supply for the whole season and so typically you will find a particular store will have all bottles of the same batch and expiry date.  Heptavac P has a shelf life of 2 years.  But this is to allow for the time it spends in the factory and supply chain before you buy it.  This time may be quite long, to allow for scheduling in the factory for example, so product you buy now with an expiry of December 2019 is aimed at managing demand for this year.

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2019, 12:30:29 pm »
why pay postage?   get from ag merchants or Vet
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS