Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: restablishing my herd of Dairy Shorthorns  (Read 1072 times)

kenprestDShorthorns

• Joined Feb 2019
restablishing my herd of Dairy Shorthorns
« on: February 19, 2019, 09:58:32 pm »
hi, Older single guy who has bred more traditional type Dairy Shorthorn cattle since I was in school . I live in Nth East Wales .Farmed all my life in a small way as a tenant farmer but when milk price dropped to unsustainable levels had to give up in 2016. Been very unhappy since but managed to keep a few of my own breeding cattle on a friends farm in Cumbria. As this is 150 miles away its not very viable. Im looking for somebody to rent me a few buildings and up to 20 acres with basic accom so I can do  the work myself. Any area or suggestions are welcome. I do like all stuff old fashioned and basic. 07771267625   or   01352218913

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
Re: restablishing my herd of Dairy Shorthorns
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 06:00:26 pm »
Hi Ken,

I can't help I'm afraid but  wish you luck in your search. Dairy shorthorns are a lovely breed and they deserve to have committed people looking after them. :) :cow:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 11:29:42 am »
Do you want to stay in Wales? If Scotland is of interest, there's a smallholding for rent for 10 years wth basic accommodation. THe folk would like to start a small scale dairy. Contact Sally Ann Jackson if you're interested sallyannjackson17@googlemail.com

kenprestDShorthorns

• Joined Feb 2019
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 12:41:38 pm »
thank you x

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS