NFU Mutual Smallholding Insurance

Author Topic: Junk mail delivered by Royal Mail and how to stop it!  (Read 615 times)

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
Re: Junk mail delivered by Royal Mail and how to stop it!
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2019, 01:23:55 pm »
the thing that gets me is that a private firm will message you and say "your parcel will be delivered between x and y time"
the Post Office says "we will attempt to deliver your parcel today"
I think that the Post Office should remain in public hands, but management really need to get their act together. Our posties are brilliant
Voss Electric Fence

Scarlet.Dragon

• Joined May 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 04:24:54 pm »
the thing that gets me is that a private firm will message you and say "your parcel will be delivered between x and y time"
the Post Office says "we will attempt to deliver your parcel today"
I think that the Post Office should remain in public hands, but management really need to get their act together. Our posties are brilliant

Royal Mail has floated on the stock exchange... it's now a private company! 

And I fully agree with both you and Maisie... the frontline staff are heroic, particularly when you see what they're battling with through Christmas (with the additional hazards householders throw at them in the form of trip wires, obstructions, etc at their busiest time) and winter weather when people don't clear and grit the path for them to access the letterbox, or the letterboxes are frozen shut and they're dodging a cold shower from the broken gutter immediately above the letterbox!

The management... least said soonest mended!  The expression that springs to mind though, is "couldn't organise a bun fight in a bakery with the Pillsbury Doughboy's help!"
Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others think is possible.

Isla

• Joined Aug 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2019, 10:29:06 pm »
Thanks. Been meaning to do something about this for some time. Was hoping for a simple online form but will do the paper form.

E mail help please

Started by Roxy

Replies: 6
Views: 1190
Last post July 24, 2013, 05:00:46 pm
by doganjo
E mail help required please!!

Started by Roxy

Replies: 3
Views: 892
Last post March 05, 2013, 12:29:10 am
by Roxy
Hacked e-mail Account

Started by Fowgill Farm

Views: 1401
Last post July 12, 2012, 10:10:45 am
by Fowgill Farm
The Royal Show

Started by MiriMaran

Views: 1624
Last post June 18, 2009, 08:10:12 pm
by MiriMaran
Royal Show - anyone going?

Started by Roxy

Replies: 2
Views: 961
Last post July 05, 2009, 07:29:03 pm
by Roxy

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Assist Animal Care Services Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Little Peckers

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2019. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS