Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Goodbye Chaz my friend  (Read 8033 times)

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
Re: Goodbye Chaz my friend
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 12:01:04 am »
So so sorry about your dog :'( I've lost a few over the years, and it never get any easier.  It really is losing a true true friend.  I have now words suitable for the vets conduct >:(

All the best
Sue
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 07:40:00 am »
Thank you all for your hugs and kindness. :)

I will never use that vet again.

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 06:01:28 pm »
You will never in a milion years guess what the vet said to me today. He upset me greatly, once again!!

Telephone rang, I said "Hello." as you do

Vet said "Hello Mrs Brown. The ashes from Charlie are ready for you to collect but because he was a big dog we couldnt fit all the ashes into the urn so we have put some in a plastic bag for you."  :o :o >:( :( :'( :'( ??? :o >:( :( :'(

Without saying anything I burst into tears and slammed the phone down.

Hubby saw the state I was in so I told him what the vet had said and he rang the vet and had a God awful arguement with the vet.

The upshot being I will get an urn the right size for a golden retriever from my old vet in Melton and I will make a formal complaint about this vet to the BVA.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 06:30:58 pm »
Not only that Jackie - name and shame him so that others will be spared your grief!  Which practice was it and which town?  That is just so awful I can't put it into words!  I wonder what they would do with my Hester - a large German Wirehair!  I have a friend who used to own a pet crematorium and Mike would NEVER have done this to anyone!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 06:31:34 pm »
Oh my god, that is outrageous. I am totally shocked. What a b*****d.

Power Poultry

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Kings Lynn Norfolk
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2010, 07:58:15 pm »
Thats so wrong we lost who dog 4 weeks ago we drove her to the vets in the back of the landy.

They even came out to the car park to put her down

Just now got the bill £43.00

I am so glad we have such good vets here

These new vets make me mad for gods sake were so upset at leaste give us a week to get out head straight.

I am so sorry for your loss I sobbed when my girl went but she was 13 Great for  a german sheppard.

JD

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Glasgow
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2010, 07:59:20 pm »
So sorry to hear of the loss of your dog Jackie I lost my old dog a few years ago and still have,nt been able to bring myself to have another one  but I know I will one day. Regarding the vet I agree with Doganjo name and shame him.
JD

Pony-n-trap

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2010, 09:21:57 pm »
Am so sorry to hear about your dog, I lost my homebred treasure in July, he had wandered off to look for me and someone run him down....I found him the next day in the ditch after hours of searching and shouting.  I decided to get him cremated and before I had even left the house, his little body wrapped in a towel, I had been told the cost.  It didnt matter the cost I just wanted to do for him what I wanted to do for him. He would have been 3 tomorrow. I miss him.

Bless you, am sure your doggie is now at peace at Rainbow Bridge, waiting for the day he sees you coming and will leave his friends and come and meet you. xx

Mickyork

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Yeadingham, North Yorkshire
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2010, 11:07:28 pm »
Jeez Jackie......   What a complete arse this vet is.   Try not to let the idiot get to you again. Remember the happy times with your dog & know he's not suffering now. I lost Zebedee, my cross Jack Russell many years back. I had grown up with this dog & had been with me 14 years, someone poisoned him. You don't forget them.
Live for today. Tomorrow never comes

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2010, 07:25:57 am »
So many loved companions on here.

Mickyork and Ponytrap I would have felt soo much worse in your situations, at least with Charlie it was his time to go and it was the kindest, and only thing, I could do for him.

I must say though that when I first rang the receptionist was extremely nice and kind and I heard her voice change and she sounded very empathetic and compasionate.
I rang at 8.45am and she tried to get the vet to us very quickly because Chaz was in pain and she tried to get the vet to us sooner but he came at 10.30.
The receptionist rang and apologised that the vet couldn't come sooner as he was at the Waltham clinic and that was when I made the decision to OD Chaz with Metacam to relieve the pain and confusion. Thank God I had Metacam.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 05:01:19 pm by Jackie »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS