Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Organic Berkshire pigs (and a small goat) in Tyneside  (Read 1989 times)

Dodger of Jam

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Tyneside
    • Rising Sun organic community farm
Organic Berkshire pigs (and a small goat) in Tyneside
« on: September 22, 2010, 07:04:19 pm »
Hi everyone,

I work as a volunteer at Rising Sun Farm in Wallsend, Tyne and Wear.  We are a small organic community farm that grows fruit and veg, and raises rare breed animals including sheep, pigs and goats.

I just wanted to let you all know that we have some lovely organic purebred Berkshire weaners for sale, born on 01/07/2010.  At the moment we have about two dozen available.

I also have one small and ginger goat kid looking for a new home.  Red the Golden Guernsey was born at the end of July 2010, he's a purebred billy kid who has been castrated and disbudded.  As much as I'd love to keep him myself, we're limited on housing for goats so he's got to go.  He'd make a great pet for someone who already has goats.

If you're interested in the Berkshires or in Red, give me a call on 07890 653 027.

Oh, and I also do butchery of pigs and lambs so if you're looking for this service in the north east of England please get in touch.

Cheers,

Julie

hexhammeasure

• Joined Jun 2008
    • golocal food
    • Facebook
Re: Organic Berkshire pigs (and a small goat) in Tyneside
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 06:13:39 pm »
Don't now how I missed this one. quick question Is it slaughter and butchery or just butchery? thanks
Ian

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 06:41:26 pm »
hello and welcome
Little Blue

Dodger of Jam

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Tyneside
    • Rising Sun organic community farm
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 10:33:56 am »
Hi,

Customers either pay the abattoir for the slaughter and me for the butchery, otherwise I can pay the abattoir and pass the cost onto the producer in a single bill.

Thanks for your interest, let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers

Mickyork

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Yeadingham, North Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 11:02:49 pm »
Hi and welcome to the site  8) 8) 8) 8)
Live for today. Tomorrow never comes

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS