Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Insensitive vet staff after horse PTS  (Read 3358 times)

piggy

• Joined Oct 2008
Insensitive vet staff after horse PTS
« on: September 28, 2010, 11:06:17 pm »
Sadly today i had to have my horse PTS and whilst the vet was great the staff at the pratice are another thing,they are new vets to me as my old vets have now stopped doing horses,they called me soon after it happened to tell me the cost based on how much drugs they used very upsetting.

Mickyork

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Yeadingham, North Yorkshire
Re: Insensitive vet staff after horse PTS
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 12:26:04 am »
Sorry about your horse. You should complain. So many people these days are just interested in the money & don't think about other's feelings.  Seems to be the world we live in today.   :( :( :(    Second post I've commented on today covering the same subject. It's so wrong of them.
I think it's bad practice 
Live for today. Tomorrow never comes

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 08:34:27 am »
Me too. Our old vets in Stirling were brilliant when we had our three cats PTS. Don't know what the new ones will be like . Hope I don't find out soon.

Really sorry about your horse, though.

BlueDaisy

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Grow your own - veg and chooks!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 09:06:37 am »
Gosh that is a bit off.
I know at the vets where I work the accounts lady wouldn't do that unless one of the partners told her to. And if there was no history with the customer and no mention of payment at the time I know the partners get a little bit jittery about whether or not they will ever receive payment.
Mostly though, we just make sure the client gets a sympathy card sent in the post.
Sorry about your horse :'(

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 10:24:57 am »
Complain !! The vet has a right to know that his staff have upset you. It is normal just to send a bill out about a week later. Very hard to lose your horse without something like this.  :(

sheardale

• Joined Apr 2009
  • Dollar, Clacks, Scotland
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 10:51:56 am »
Sorry to hear of your horse.  Some people are insensitive
Helen

Sandy

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 10:58:33 am »
Some people have no heart, how sad, our little vets in Alloa are very good at social interaction. Hope you are able to focus on the positive memories, it's difficult for a long.

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 01:03:48 pm »
That sad - losing your horse, they are such friends.  Take care, and hope you are bearing up :'(

Sue
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

countryweespirit

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Perthshire
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 01:31:15 pm »
Thats awful, I really feel for you.  Maybe you should write to them, its very unsensitive of them to be phoning, its bad enough when the bill arrives in the post.  Thankfully my vets were excellent any time we have had to part with our elderly ponies.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 01:57:05 pm »
Really sorry to hear about your horse, so sad  :'(  I think a note to the vet about what has happened is in order, I remember being upset enough receiving my bill for my lovely cat and that was several days after she was  PTS, what you experienced is very insensitive.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

daniellestocks

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Nr Pickering, North Yorkshire
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 05:39:11 pm »
Oh no, poor you, i feel for you loosing your horse  :bouquet:
Some vets can be so insensitve tho!!! when my jrt had to be put down they wouldnt let me have the body till i caughed up some payment  :( brought me to tears in a reception full of patients
Think of all the good memories  :love:
Regards Danielle

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS