Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Thieving b@s!@rds  (Read 9468 times)

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
Re: Thieving b@s!@rds
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2010, 09:34:44 pm »
Funny you should mention that Craig, i heard a story in the shop this morning that a few of our "travelling friends" tried to nick a car from round the corner to me.

Bad idea

The guy who owns the car is the type you wouldn't want to cross & caught them red handed

Let's just say, they had a long sore walk home   ;)

Their van or what's left of it was still lying where it was left at 7pm tonight ..... in pieces   :D

Sandy

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2010, 11:10:39 pm »
One of our neighbours had a problem with the travelling community and went off for a meeting and they sat in their car in a lay bye and thier son realised so went to help and had a car with no MOT so ran into the back and killed his da!!!! He is now in prison so no longer enighbours BUT..I know the network or travellers is very strong..DO NOT CROSS TRAVELLERS!!!

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2010, 06:48:39 pm »
I have put a double electric fence around the horse which has detered some idiot that was going in with him, the first fence on the ouside is very visible and signed all along but the second fence is wire and not visible in dull light. I heard a scream from the top field the other night but by the time I got there they were gone and the horse was still in the field looking horrified. These people aren't there to steal him but they give him food which makes him not want the food I give him and is making him loose weight so it is for the health of my horse who really could do without a bucket of apples a day.

daniellestocks

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Nr Pickering, North Yorkshire
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2010, 08:11:28 pm »
I have put a double electric fence around the horse which has detered some idiot that was going in with him, the first fence on the ouside is very visible and signed all along but the second fence is wire and not visible in dull light. I heard a scream from the top field the other night but by the time I got there they were gone and the horse was still in the field looking horrified. These people aren't there to steal him but they give him food which makes him not want the food I give him and is making him loose weight so it is for the health of my horse who really could do without a bucket of apples a day.

Dot ya just hate it when people interfere with your animals!!!!! gets me so angry  >:( like do gooders taking muzzles of laminitic ponies!!!! i have a quite shy tbred whos a bugger to catch at the best of times, and the other year nextdoors kids thort it was a good idea to throw eggs t him with a catapult!!! i was brought to tears i was soooooooo angry! it took me a week to get near him  :'(

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2010, 08:17:30 pm »
Honest Daniellestocks I am fighting so hard to get weight on him it is costing a fortune and when I go up and realise that he is being fed buckets of apples and sugar cubes it makes my blood boil.
I am bringing him down to the botom field soon where I can see him and putting the double electric fence up again. I have a public footpath across my fields and people are so irresponsible as my whether has now got a nasty dog bite on his face.
I have thought about getting intouch with the council about this and the dog feaces that are just left on the land and seeing if there can be a ban put on dogs crossing the land which is a shame for the responsible owners but necessary for my animals.

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2010, 08:20:52 am »
Well things have been ok since thankfully! Mustvecrealiaed nothing worth stealing but suspect they'll be back in a few weeks when they think we will finish the buildings and store tack etc. There. Power is going in this weekend along with CCTV and security lights so hope that deters. I do have a planning condition for no lighting but frankly I'm ignoring it and we will see what happens.
I do have a rather ferocious looking boxer dog but he lives in the house, folk wouldn't come on the drive but he's in at night.
Part of the problem of where we are is that we are right next to the footpath so we also get all sorts going by leaving mess and feeding my horses. I've had to put up a sign but some still think it's ok to feed them. Makes me so mad.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS