Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Stressed Gardener!!  (Read 1649 times)

alisstuf

• Joined Sep 2010
  • New Forest
Stressed Gardener!!
« on: September 23, 2010, 07:43:02 pm »
Hi
I joined this site for my pigs but thought I'd share my garden expierience with you ;D
My husband always loved growing veg. We moved to the New Forest from East coast of Scotland 11 years ago. Couldn't have a plot here because of trees and the old house buried in garden. Finally this year we built a raised bed so he could while away the hours pottering and producing wonderful veg for the family to enjoy. We placed the garden outside the kitchen window, handy and I could chat through the window, pass cups of tea etc. Idylic yes? NO!!!
I watch his stress levels rise to boiling as the mole invasion takes hold, the caterpillars invade, the root system on his brassicas dissapear overnight  :'(
We have all had a bit of a laugh watching poor stressed dad tossing vegetables out of the way in pursuit of the wildlife.
However he has produced some amazing results. Beans are still going strong,turnips,spinach,sprouts and leeks are coming on.
Hope the stress levels dont counteract against the healthy eating!!!  ;D

Love to share your amusing storys and will need to ask some serious questions too i'm sure

Ali

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Stressed Gardener!!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 07:57:30 pm »
If I let it happen I could be very stressed.  I'm not particularly fond of veg but I try to grow some to be healthy, but I keep forgetting to water things and weed them so beasties and mother nature get the better of me sometimes.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS