Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Big plastic wheelbarrow  (Read 8485 times)

McFrosty

• Joined Sep 2010
Big plastic wheelbarrow
« on: September 13, 2010, 11:25:59 am »
Hello All,
I am finally replacing my very old metal wheelbarrow now the wheels have finally ceased..... I have to walk quite a distance from the goat shed  :goat: to the muck heap and at the moment the wheelbarrrow weighs fours times the weight of its contents.
Have been trying to find a large plastic (and hence light) barrow for moving wee stuff and they all seem to be a fortune    :o
Anyone recommend somewhere??? I am in Dumfries and Galloway (no shops  ;D) so internet is best........
Cheers   

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
Re: Big plastic wheelbarrow
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 01:31:45 pm »
I would try builders merchant type places rather than  specified agri or garden places. Put equine or garden centre in front and the prices double!!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 05:16:45 pm »
I got my bright orange plastic one from B & Q for £20, you might find they have sales on at DIY places now - getting rid of summer stock.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Daisy

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Near Earlston Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 09:45:06 pm »
The orange B&Q one used to be great but they have changed it now the handles are very low down not so easy to get moving when fully loaded, I got a nice new barrow earlier this year it was dear but so far seems worth it.
This is it http://www.gardensupplies.co.uk/shop/product/11100/cruiser-100-litre-wheelbarrow.aspx

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 09:49:31 pm »
ha ha ha i have the orange one from b&q i have had it 5 yrs it has been fixed a bit in its time but its brill

jacob and Georgina

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 09:58:48 pm »
i bought the orange one about 3 months ago and think i payed 40 quid for it, worth every penny!

Sandy

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 10:08:14 pm »
we use a ropey tin thing that was the best one of 2 that were left in the garden, I think we should invest in a big orange one too!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 10:47:15 pm »
Maybe we need a new thread - "What the big orange B & Q wheelbarrow saw" ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 05:41:27 pm »
We use a mid size plastic one- but it is a kind of burgundy colour. It's pretty good, but I've not seen it online. Got it at our local feed place. Would Tarff Valley just outside Dumfries not stock something similar?

Beth

daniellestocks

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Nr Pickering, North Yorkshire
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 07:13:27 pm »
 dont know if there is a wilkinsons near-by, but they have them fairly cheap!!

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 10:54:29 pm »
i bought a bright pink one from our feed shop last year.  it was about £50 i think but well worth it cos it takes twice the quantiy of the smaller ones, is really steady and of course, lightweight.

lot of money but well constructed and worth the money.

Samantha

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Bristol
    • Merry Meet
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 02:57:17 pm »
EBAY! lol ... i bought a large & very lightweight wheelbarrow off ebay last year for the horses... it required very little assembly and is so light and easy to use .. i love it! I would recommend having a look on ebay :)

Sam

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 09:35:40 pm »
Orange B&Q one in use here too, especially for mucking out the goats and loads of heavy stuff. Found it good so far, especially handles quite far apart, so can fit my backside between them and comfortable walking! Older ones we have inherited from don't know where are too small for me.

However just saw today that the orange plastic starts to look a bit weatherbeaten, not sure how much longer it will last. Had it for about two years now.

McFrosty

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 08:26:11 am »
Got a total bargain at Wilkinsons when on a trip to Castle Douglas.  They had a lovely big green plastic wheelbarrow for £40.  It was the last in stock and so I took it down to the checkout. On route discovered it was squeaking terribly.  Also has a scruff on the handle.  Told the assistant I wanted a perfect one  ;) and she knocked it down to £30 and then I pointed out I would have to buy oil to get the sqeak fixed and I got it reduced to £20.   ;D  Two squirts of oil at home and I have a great barrrow.......

Pays to haggle - even in Wilkinsons.    ;D

TheGirlsMum

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 10:36:33 am »
We have an Orange B&Q one too

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS