Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wood burning stove with thermal store  (Read 2704 times)

Duke700

• Joined Sep 2018
Wood burning stove with thermal store
« on: September 16, 2018, 07:33:42 pm »
Hi to everybody.
I was wondering if I could get some advice on a Woodburner with back boiler and thermal store.
The thermal store I have has been built with outlets  to take the woodburner and outlets for central heating and also to take thermal solar panels.
Also  the store has an expansion tank fitted with a pipe running to the outside.

What I'd like to know is do I need a heat sink radiator?

Also should the radiators have Trv valves fitted?

And finally should I fit a blow of on the 28mm circuit on the woodburner?

Many thanks for any help received.
Andy

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
Re: Wood burning stove with thermal store
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 12:35:21 am »
Andy , may I suggest that you bit the bullet & get professional help /advice from a local to you qualified plumber who plays with such systems .

Some 12 yrs or so ago acquaintances of ours had their back boiler blow as the " expert " didn't have put a vent in the system. When the boiler exploded it showered their lounge with boiling water & bit's of plaster etc when " friends "  sorted out their heating set up for them , luckily no one was in the room at the time . The whole way things were set up left a lot to be desired wrt safety & efficiency as far as I could see.
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS