Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Aggressive goat  (Read 1963 times)

cuckoo

• Joined Jan 2011
Re: Aggressive goat
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2021, 11:28:05 pm »
I would send to the abbatoir and eat her - mutton. Should be nice cooked long and slow.

Mad Goatwoman of Madeley

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2021, 12:34:21 am »
I had an aggressive goat. I had bottle fed her since getting her at 5 weeks old and she was handled every day and used to love her cuddles. Unfortunately, not only did she try to become herd leader she also wanted to be family leader as well. She would come up to the fence to be petted by visitors and was fine while given treats but then butt them if they attempted to put the hands through the bars on the gate and anyone who went into them had to be quick witted to avoid being butted. She terrified my young grandson when he came to help but carrying the water bucket and she went up on her hind legs and loomed over him. The she started on my OH who is blind. She clearly recognised this so would sneak behind him so he wasn't expecting the head in the bum attack. I threatened to eat her many times but eventually, when OH said he didn't want to go into the yard any more, she went off to the abattoir. She was about four years old and I enjoyed eating her.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2021, 02:20:41 pm »
The best "beef" strogonoff that I served up was made from an older goat.

PipKelpy

• Joined Mar 2019
  • North Shropshire
  • Dreamer with docile cattle and sheep!
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2021, 09:01:46 pm »
I have been reading this but didn't realise that the original post was actually posted 5 months ago and you persevered with the wretch. I got Jennifer in 2019 when she was just over 5 weeks old (Hereford x calf) she was ockered from day one, but I persevered! She was looked after, halter trained, kept quiet. She kicked me earlier this year for no reason. I kicked her back. She kicked me harder. She was TB tested with another and sold the following week.

You're braver than me if you put up with it for 5 months. I have no help, mum is more decrepit than ever and so I now have the mentality, hurt me, you're gone!
Halter train the cattle to keep them quiet but watch your back when they come a'bulling! Give them all names even those you plan to eat. Always be calm. Most importantly, invest in wellies with steel toe caps and be prepared for the clever cow who knows where the toe caps end!!

Aggressive/Disrespectful Milking Doe

Started by Aussie_Farm_Medic (7.75)

Replies: 4
Views: 1667
Last post September 20, 2016, 03:30:55 pm
by Penninehillbilly

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2021. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS