Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: convenience eggs!  (Read 7755 times)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
Re: convenience eggs!
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 06:29:19 pm »
Food processor -that's the one! My last cut was with one of those really sharp knives, slicing a breakfast roll...Took weeks to heal but I'm sure I'd manage to cut myself with any gadget! With a bread slicer the finger would be off, lol:&>

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 09:42:17 pm »
My kids reaction to the eggs in carton:
1. Laughter
2. Suppose there are plenty of people who don't know how to crack an egg!
Probably, probably true...:&>

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 10:43:41 pm »
you have a point on the convenience factor for people with weakness etc - that might explain why there are so many disabled parking spots in a supermarket now. I didn't realise the problem was so widespread. Though if that WAS the intention of the supermarket - to help these people out - why not put all the nice, chopped, washed, prepacked, prep'd food in one easy to access section, low shelving, maybe a few shop assistants (remember them) nearby to help out?

You all have a point with the prepared veg. My aunt is a doctor (retired) but when she first retired, she got a part time job going round Dundee  assessing people who had applied for disability living allowance. One of the questions she had to ask them was how they got on preparing veg, ie peeling, chopping etc. She was shocked at how many people just buy the ready prepared stuff! She could never use that as a reason for them getting the allowance, cause none of them bothered to peel their own!

Ridiculous!

Beth

carole h

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2009, 07:37:23 pm »
I confess to having just bought a bread maker .... :)
We had a house full of young people at the weekend (late teens early 20's) so I decided pizza dough was a good plan - fab (and pretty much foolproof in the bread maker) - plenty of nice toppings and, hey presto, good, cheap
food that always goes down well.
Being able to just shove the ingredients in and leave it to do it's thing for an hour and a half meant that I could spend my morning potting on in the greenhouse - much nicer than cooking!
All I need to do now is get on and build the pizza oven (I've got the clay!) - THAT'S what I call convenience food! :)

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2009, 07:40:40 pm »
Moving to France meant, never having to eat convenience food again.  Not that we could afford it anyway. 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS