Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Old Tractors, Who's got what and what do you do with it?  (Read 22418 times)

Marlin.45

• Joined Oct 2014
  • Llangadog, Carmarthenshire
Re: Old Tractors, Who's got what and what do you do with it?
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2014, 01:51:17 pm »
We have a 1961 red MF35 with the 3 pot Perkins diesel. It wasn't cheap when we bought it but then they never are? Hours on the tractor meter were only at 90 and now sit at 120 after 5 months of use hauling our topper around.

Now road registered, but rarely sees any tarmac. Spends most of it's time fitted with a 5ft Fleming box on the back.

This winter I need to tend to a few oil leaks. From what I can gather he spent a long time holed up in a garage or barn after a partial restoration (came with almost new tyres) so the rope seals on the crankshaft and sump are weeping. A big job but not impossible. Currently leaks about 1/2 litre a day  :innocent:

Paul

oor wullie

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Strathnairn
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2014, 02:58:44 pm »
We have an 1958 Fordson Dexta.

It moves bales about, pulls a trailer and last week was pulling logs out of the woods but this winter it is also going to plough and disc a couple of acres.  In return I am going to treat it to a nice new voltage regulator.

Le Recoignot

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2014, 06:26:06 pm »
'nash' B414 1964, starts on the button!

I think when you are at the 'aged' end its down to the individual tractor and how it has been used / looked after, not the make. Nuffields, Internationals and DB's dont hold the value as well as MF's, Fords and JD's. + availability of parts.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS