Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: more urgent incubation advice needed please  (Read 2429 times)

wolfie

• Joined May 2008
more urgent incubation advice needed please
« on: September 06, 2008, 04:55:00 pm »
Following my recent post about our faulty incubator, we have kept the eggs warm, put them in the new R-COM and low and behold, that is faulty too (this time the turning mechanism doesn't work).  We have been hand-turning and think we have seen definite movement in a good few eggs so..are they likely to hatch 21 days from when they first went in or will the 2 days out (but kept warm) affect the dates? Also we have lost faith in the all auto R-COM (which is 3 days wrong on it's date programme after being replaced) and wonder should we fiddle with it and try and change the humidity from 45% to more for the last three days or leave it and hope for the best?  Eggs may be hatching on 8th sept so any advice at all would be brilliant, Thanks

The Chicken Lady

• Joined Mar 2008
  • Cheshire
Re: more urgent incubation advice needed please
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 07:16:28 pm »
Egss should not be turned for the last 3 days. I would just leave them in the incubator and hope for the best. I do not have an automatic incubator so have always turned by hand 3 times a day. I just pop at pot of water in for the last 3 days. I have found some eggs like bantams hatch earlier than 21 days others have taken longer but have not had any problems by not turning them.
Karen

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS