Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A mothers understanding...  (Read 3972 times)

Samantha

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Bristol
    • Merry Meet
A mothers understanding...
« on: July 26, 2010, 03:18:48 pm »
Ok so about 2 weeks ago my children came home from school burst through the door with the usual ... "whats for tea mum" after several minutes of what seemed like trying to herd cats getting them off to their rooms and changed out of their uniforms while being the swift ninja mum and intercepting the many attempts at the fridge and cookie jar both kids came back down with their uniforms heading for the wash basket... the conversation then went as follows...

(Emma)... Oh mum guess what .. we have a school play (insert intenal mothers groan that all mothers make when they realise costumes are looming)
(James)... yes it's the Lion Jungle and I'm a wolf
(Emma)... and i'm a tiger .. but we need costumes...

(Me)... oh thats lovely (trying to sound sincere) .. So when do you need the costumes made.. (mentally working out this must be an end of school thing which should give me a couple of weeks)

(Both Kids).. oh we need it for our dress rehersal tomorrow

So bascially once I picked myself up of the floor I dashed up the fabric shop and got some tiger print fabric, and took some leftover faux fur fabric I was using as a throw for a chair and set to work without a clue as to what I was doing ... 4 hours... several cups of coffee a few choice words and volia .. one wolf one tiger.. sorted.

anyone want a couple of kids... free to a good home .. tendency to drop things on you at the last minute LOL.. plz contact mums@thefunnyfarm.com

:)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: A mothers understanding...
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 03:24:50 pm »
YOU ARE BRILLIANT!  I had a Mum like you!  She sat up till 4 some nights making party dresses for me and my sister - we never found out till we were adults and started complaining about stuff needed for our own kids.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

cairnhill

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 04:26:47 pm »
Awesome job Samantha  ;D

Pony-n-trap

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 04:52:55 pm »
They are great!!

You have brought back childhood memories for me!  :)

My mum made fairy outfits, a victorian outfit that she basically copied off the quality street tin, the purple gown one, kings and queens and once she made chinese dragons, huge heads and bodies sewn to hoola hoops about 20ft long!

Mums are great arent they!! especially when last minute costume requests are dropped on them! :)

Samantha

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Bristol
    • Merry Meet
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 12:41:06 pm »
Hehe thanks guys ... yeah kids have a way of doing that :) I remember my mother and me being sat up until 3am making an edwardian costume for my daughter, good fun

Sam

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 06:14:59 pm »
Well done Sam, you are one talented lady  :)
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 08:36:46 am »
My ex husband is a bass player and the band were always dropping surprises on me for stage outfits especially around halloween. The kids are used to me making things as I used to make all there PJ's when young as I refused to pay shop prices when I could buy a cheap sheet and make loads for them

Sandy

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 12:11:34 am »
Brillliant...upi are trully talented mummy..I remember those days ::)

Samantha

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Bristol
    • Merry Meet
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 01:20:33 am »
:) thanks I had fun making it ... and there is still halloween to get another use out of the costumes before the kids outgrow them :)

Sam

Shnoowie

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Cornwall
    • Binty's Farm
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 03:38:19 pm »
Those are fantastic!
I think it is a 'mum' thing being able to make things like that - I still do it with my mum and I'm 21! :P

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS