Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Loving home wanted for beloved Bryony dairy goat and male castrated kid Gruff  (Read 4011 times)

sporter

• Joined May 2010
Hi

I am sadly having to rehome our two goats as the asshole  :-[ owners of the farm we rent are making it very difficult to keep them on. They are our pets so must be a good home where they will be loved and spoilt like they are here! Bryony is a very affectionate saarnen dairy goat and currently milks around 2 litres plus her kid gruff who is a very handsome young man and thinks he's a dog (lies underthe table waiting for titbits!). We are in shropshire near church stretton.

Sarah xx

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
So sorry you are having to part with your goats. I know how you feel, having downsized my herd recently.  I really miss Jasmine the milking goat, and Paddy the billy, and think about them every day .....and I miss the milk too.  I so much regret parting with Jas especially for that reason.  Am very tempted with your goats, but my OH would kill me, although he knows how devasted I still am, so maybe not :D

Why is the farm owner being difficult about your goats, and is there no where else you could keep them. Its such a shame.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Is the male castrated? That could have an impact on how easy it is to rehome them.

Beth

sporter

• Joined May 2010
Yes he is. He is calm and very lovely! :-\

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
Do you still have Bryony and Gruff?  Hope my OH does not see me ask this ;D

sporter

• Joined May 2010
Yeah - will you have them please!!!? Poor bloomin things they are stuck in the shelter at the moment because the owners won't let them out in the paddock. I dont want any money for them, just a very lovely home where I know they will be loved and spoilt (and not eaten!). :-\

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
 ;D  Good home?  Oooh, would have to ask my goats about that one!!  Seriously, I love my goats, and have kept them over the last 35 years (er. not he same ones of course!)  Although all have lived to their mid teens with us, so must be doing something right.  Not sure I could accommodate one lying under the table - dogs may not agree!!

Will send you a PM - need to see exactly where you are, and how far from my friends, as we are popping down to see her on a free day )what are those?) 

Thats a shame that the landowner will not allow them out. If you are renting the land, surely thats up to you, if they are in or out?  You have not had them long, have you?

sporter

• Joined May 2010
Hiya,

We have a strange tenancy set up with the paddock rights and they have asked that the goats be tethered, which I wont do, so I take them for walks and letthem out with the horses occasionally but the owners have complained that they are damaging overhaging trees etc - just being very, very difficult and I like them to have a free reign and be happy as oppose to being tied up or in all the time. Gruff only sits underthe garden table (notthe indoor one!) and we have a puppy who is about the same age whichis why they get on!

Not sure what a pm is but assume thats personal message?!!!

Sarah

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
Oh, sorry, yes PM  will appear next to my messages up near the top, and it will show a (1) and you just click on it.

Ah, I had visions of this little goat sitting under the kitchen table.

Goats eat trees etc.  thats what they do.  Hardly the crime of the century, and keeping the trees cut back surely?  My goats have "trimmed" all next door overhanging wild rose hedge for him.  Its a very neat job.  He has not complained......there again, its on our side, so maybe not seen it.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
Have sent you a message!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS