Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: old garden mint  (Read 12144 times)

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
old garden mint
« on: December 01, 2017, 09:22:27 pm »
I'm trying to get hold of some old strains of mint from some of the older properties in my quest to see if I can get some Victorian or Pre strains  . I'm hoping to be able to get 13 or more different strains so I can plant up 13 tubs to line the side of the bungalow drive way . ie apple , lemon , lamb chop , Russian etc. etc.
 I've got some Moroccan spear mint in a tub but no old style  mints .

Can anyone help me out with a rooted sprig wrapped in some slightly damp kitchen roll  popped in a poly bag & sent in a small jiffy bag .

I'm happy to send you a couple of stamps to cover the cost of P&P

Thanks
 Dave &Alison .

Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: old garden mint
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 01:00:15 am »
I've got apple mint and brundall mint (which is a newish variety). If you'd like those please pm me your address.
 I wish I had the type we had when I was a child - it had large leaves perfect for mint sauce.  I also have water mint.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
Re: old garden mint
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 05:44:08 pm »
I could send you some Corsican mint if you like? It's tiny, grows like a carpet, scent is piercing peppermint with hint of citrus. But I don't know how long Corsican mint has been around, so maybe no use to you?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS