Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Combi-tool (e.g.Ryobi Expand-it) Drive Mechanism Question  (Read 2808 times)

RobHeskin

• Joined Jun 2017
  • North Yorkshire
Combi-tool (e.g.Ryobi Expand-it) Drive Mechanism Question
« on: June 16, 2017, 01:54:35 pm »
Hi there,

We've just received a generous donation of tools among which is a Ryobi Expand-it set with hedge trimmer and pole saw etc. unfortunately there is a problem with the motor which I have not been able to fix. I'm thinking of just buying a new Ryobi motor for the attachments we already have but here is my question:

Could I buy a somewhat better quality motor (e.g. Husqvana) to replace the Ryobi and still use the same attachments? Do all these Combi-Tool systems use the same Drive Mechanism and are they therefore cross-compatible? Or are they all different so I am restricted on what I can buy to replace it?

Thanks
Rob

cans

• Joined May 2013
Re: Combi-tool (e.g.Ryobi Expand-it) Drive Mechanism Question
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 07:24:02 am »
Hi,
Yes they are all compatable as long as the replacement machine has a split shaft

RobHeskin

• Joined Jun 2017
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 10:41:00 pm »
Thank you, you have been most helpful in our decision making process.
We've now gone ahead and ordered a Stihl Kombi-tool engine to replace the old and faulty Ryobi motor. I shall let you know thexactly verdict when it arrives.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 06:36:54 pm »
I shall let you know thexactly verdict when it arrives.

Any update to offer RobHeskin?  Luckily I am not needing to consider replacement of any of my multi-tool elements yet, but would be interested in hearing whether brand mixing is an option. 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 07:42:34 pm by arobwk »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS