Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Digging trench along a Byway.  (Read 5551 times)

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Digging trench along a Byway.
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2017, 11:27:50 am »
Thanks for that ,this is exactly as I thought and yes it is on the ordinate survey map as a byway.
I am indeed going get in touch with my local water authority for a quote and  as you say LandroverRoy
 "when someone comes out to assess it and dream up a price for connection, then you can ask him how they would go about the actual laying of the pipe"
But this is going to cost me £342 just for the privilege of them coming out which i think is a rip off. So I want to get all my facts straight before I start.I think I will end up laying the pipe myself and paying for the connection.

The Ordnance Maps are not necessarily correct in that things may change and they are not reprinted that often. To be sure you need to look at the Definitive Map which you should find on your local council web site.

Yes, you will need to make arrangements with every land owner your pipe will cross.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS