Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Which fencing is more efficient?  (Read 2512 times)

TJHutchison

• Joined May 2017
Which fencing is more efficient?
« on: May 21, 2017, 04:50:50 pm »
Hello all,

I'm currently thinking of upgrading my existing fence lines and installing some new ones.  The fencing I have at the moment is 'Betafence' which was erected before I bought my property, and for those unsure (it's more popular on the continent) it's a long-lasting metal/hard plastic hybid that poles are usually set in concrete with alike stock netting.  But it's expensive, very expensive - even when I install it myself.  My question therefore is this; do I take the plunge and shell out for a 'lifetime' lasting fence system or do the traditional wooden installation and risk having to replace poles and replace poles and rails when needed?  I can install the wooden fences myself so it really is quite a lot cheaper, but I don't like the idea of waking up one morning after heavy winds and rain and realising I need to a, repair a part of the fence and b, catch all the escaping goats!

Thanks

greenbeast

• Joined Jul 2014
Re: Which fencing is more efficient?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 07:34:03 pm »
how about clipex?
self installable, pricier than wooden posts and net but much much longer lasting?

TJHutchison

• Joined May 2017
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 07:21:06 am »
Hello Greenbeast,

I looked at Clipex before and had another look at the website and your're right, it's ideal and does exactly what I'm looking for (and a lot cheaper than Betafence!).  Unfortunatly I cannot seem to find a supplier in Belgium (where I'm located).  I do have a trip planned back to Sussex in July/August if I can hold extensive plans off until then though.

Thanks!

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 10:32:10 am »
Contact McVeigh Parker in advance, they might be able to ship out to you, or get you an order prepared in advance.

TJHutchison

• Joined May 2017
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 04:57:35 pm »
There's a distributor in Kent which I'll be able to visit in July as I have a fleeting visit to England.  I'll check them out in the flesh and if I can get a decent price I'll go ahead.  Otherwise I'll stick with Betafence as I can get a decent deal already here in Belgium and I dont have acres to fence off.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS