Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Scythe in Northern Ireland  (Read 3390 times)

Perfect_paws

• Joined May 2017
Scythe in Northern Ireland
« on: May 09, 2017, 09:56:12 am »
Hi all thanks in advance for help. Anybody in Northern Ireland know anywhere I can buy an Austrian scythe? I have an acre of rough pasture, the previous owners grazed horses on in so it's very unlevel and full of weeds so no mower would get through it. I intend on getting it sorted possibly ploughed and power harrowed then reseed but it's hard to find someone willing to do such a small pasture. In the mean time i would like to scythe it to keep it down a bit.

Thanks
Adam

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
Re: Scythe in Northern Ireland
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 10:18:49 am »
Can you not get one mail order from http://www.thescytheshop.co.uk/?

Perfect_paws

• Joined May 2017
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 11:27:42 am »
Thanks foobar. I had been on there but postage is the issue not sure exactly how much but it'll add on a hefty price to the bill. I found one site only charging £10 postage but it was taking a month to arrive. I would like to be able to go buy one asap.

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 03:45:56 pm »
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Perfect_paws

• Joined May 2017
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 05:58:13 pm »
That looks a good job and if I order now will be here for Tuesday! Thank you. Do you find it works well? It will just be for the initial clearing of the field as once it's more manageable I plan to get a ride on. It will be nice to know I have this as a back up though.

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 07:58:06 pm »
Works great but I mostly use it for nettles and docks.
Get yourself a good sharpening stone though
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS