Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Rosemary and lamb  (Read 10716 times)

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
Rosemary and lamb
« on: May 01, 2017, 09:39:19 pm »
I was feeling rather lazy when it came to tonight's roast lamb. I usually make little slits in the skin and put sprigs of rosemary and pieces of garlic in them. Couldn't be bothered this evening though ::) , so just cut large chunks of rosemary off the nearest bush and put the lamb joint on top. We were amazed by the flavour that infused them lamb. Outstanding! I don't think I will cook it any other way from now on. :yum:

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
Re: Rosemary and lamb
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 07:09:19 am »
We attended an open air cooking class in Crete a couple of years back.  That was essentially how we were taught to cook it. I usually rub a bit of salt in first and a touch of honey to marinade it.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 08:48:00 am »
Interesting... I usually rub the whole thing in butter, grate pepper over it and sprinkle it in dried rosemary. The flavour is outstanding. However it does depend on the quality of the meat :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 10:29:00 pm »
It is home raised meat (and herbs), so of course it is outstanding! ;) :)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 09:53:39 am »
It is home raised meat (and herbs), so of course it is outstanding! ;) :)
Agreed, homegrown is the best! :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS