Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Heptavac problem ??  (Read 1859 times)

Advertisement

devonlad

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Nr Crediton in Devon
Heptavac problem ??
« on: April 26, 2017, 08:12:56 pm »
Hi all,
apologies if this sounds alarmist but I'm really just looking for a bit of reassurance.
When i'm not on TAS I do occasionally dabble in a couple of facebook based marketplaces/forums (fora ?) sorry but its true,
 one of them has in the last few days had a run of people talking about losing lambs after heptavac injection this year - there is also talk of a large batch recall late last year, for unspecified reasons. which may or may not have something to do with it.
we usually vaccinate our lambs about now and I was planning on getting a bottle in prep for this weekend- has anyone heard anything about this  ?

Nithside

• Joined Aug 2016
Re: Heptavac problem ??
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 08:26:42 pm »
Hi,

If there was a recall then all sockists and vets will have had to return the batches that are affected and too be brutally honest I have a feeling those that have said they have lost lambs after dosing with heptavac have used older stuff that has been open a while as it is supposed to be used within 10 hours after first withdrawal and then discarded responsibly after that, if I were you I would seek my vets advice as they will have the upto date information and have the fresh batches in.  I have given all my lambs their two doses and have never lost one to this years dosing.  I would take what some people on the facebook marketplaces/forums with a pinch of salt as some may be trying to promote a lesser product.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 07:43:47 am by Nithside »

kanisha

• Joined Dec 2007
    • Spered Breizh Ouessants
    • Facebook
Re: Heptavac problem ??
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 07:05:49 am »
still can't get any clostridial vaccine in France. No reason given for not having the product available during peak period of vaccination....
Ravelry Group: - Ouessants & Company

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS