Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: London Marathon-that MAN  (Read 1468 times)

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
London Marathon-that MAN
« on: April 24, 2017, 02:38:25 am »
I haven't the slightest interest in the London marathon, or any marathon, but seeing the news, a runner who stopped to help a man who was collapsing, and got him over the line, while others ran on by, he was the winner to me, amazing man, I was in tears.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: London Marathon-that MAN
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 08:34:26 pm »
I just had the TV on in the background while working - stopped and was transfixed till tehy both got over the line.  He is an absolute star.  He said 'anyone would have done it'  but the point is nobody else did!

Well done, Matthew Rees - https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/909791/man-who-helped-collapsed-london-marathon-runner-david-wyeth-over-the-line-appears-on-good-morning-britain/
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
Re: London Marathon-that MAN
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 09:22:32 pm »
He was indeed mangled and refused help 200m  from the finish - I am sure the guys told him that he would still get a time with help but not being carried - it was a really beuatufull moment

Sport - doesnt it just bring us all together.

Competition is not a bad thing if your competitors all look out for you.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS