Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Kindle help please  (Read 5755 times)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Kindle help please
« on: April 23, 2017, 11:48:35 am »
I've decided to brush up my French, left to rust since school days.  I thought that reading a favourite book (one of the Pratchett ones, which have all been translated), but in French, might be the way to go.  But, how do I get the book in French on my Kindle?  I don't want to change the language settings for the whole thing or knowing me I'll never get back to English.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Kindle help please
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 07:35:25 pm »
It's easy to get onto the American amazomn site so try to see if they've got one for France.
or try here https://www.amazon.co.uk/french-books/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Afrench%20books
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 12:58:21 am »
Thank you Doganjo.  I followed your link, only to find that although they show many Pratchett novels, none is available as a kindle edition.  That's that idea out the window then.  Still, now I know how to find books in French so I'll search for another I'll be able to understand. Or maybe I'll get it as a paperback.  Thanks again.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 01:12:43 am »
Thank you for that Doganjo.  I have bought a couple of books, and a French/English dictionary automatically appeared too - that's proving very useful.  Thank you for your help.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 01:30:31 pm »
I love my Kindle (and the apps on my laptops and Hudl) - since given to me by my kids three years ago, and prior to that only reading a couple of books a year, I have now read over 550 books in three years.  And it doesn't matter whether I read a book on my desktop, laptop, notebook, Hudl or Kindle - they automatically synch to the last page read on any device
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS