Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Cornwoolly!  (Read 3001 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Cornwoolly!
« on: April 20, 2017, 01:27:38 pm »
Delighted to report a new event for us in the far south west - and for all who'd like to visit, of course!

(I'm not an organiser, nothing to do with it, but am so pleased that it's happening!).

Cornwoolly
Heartlands, Pool, Redruth, Cornwall TR15 3QY
Sunday, April 30th 2017, 10-4

http://cornwoolly.co.uk/
http://www.facebook.com/cornwoolly/
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

TheGirlsMum

• Joined Sep 2010
Re: Cornwoolly!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 06:39:49 pm »
I am going to this Sally perhaps we could meet!

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 11:40:55 pm »
Love the name, love the felted seals on the beach but absolutely no chance of me getting there  :( .  It sounds very good quality stuff for sale.  Do report back please.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 12:08:05 am »

Of course!  I wonder if there will be an obvious rendezvous point...  perhaps we should ask on the Facebook group.

Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 12:30:09 am »
Wish I could get there. Maybe next year.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 01:53:41 am »

Of course!  I wonder if there will be an obvious rendezvous point...  perhaps we should ask on the Facebook group.

I did ask, and this was the response:

That sounds like a good idea! There will be a seating area in front of the 'bar'.  There is also a mezzanine above the glass atrium which usually has chairs. See you on Sunday. :)

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 08:18:46 am »
I hope you have a lovely day. I went to Wonderwool last weekend so won't be go into Cornwall- my stash is getting out of control again!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 10:14:59 pm »
My stash is still out of control after LAST year's Wonderwool. Probably just as well I couldn't make it this year.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 06:12:09 am »
Stash?  What stash? Oh you mean the spare room and the stuff hoarded in there?  Out of control?  Never - I can still move about and reach the light switch.  My problem is forgetting what exactly I have burried in there so I am apt to buy more of the same when it takes my fancy.

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2017, 11:48:48 am »
For those who went - how was Cornwoolly?

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2017, 07:15:34 pm »
We had a lovely time, despite my having managed to lose [member=5848]TheGirlsMum[/member]'s phone number so failed to rendezvous with her ::).  I did manage to meet up with a weaving Raveller, so had a great and very edifying chat about floor looms and weaving generally :)

The event was 'small but perfectly formed', I thought, with a good range of vendors, quite a bit to see whatever your crafting proclivities. 

We gave feedback that we'd loved it but would have liked more spinning fibre, and perhaps a meet-up / spinning / knitting / chatting area, if possible.  (Although the cafe wasn't at all full so another year we might be able to sequester a corner or table or two  in there.).   On the former point, we have heard that Mandacrafts is already on the list for any future Cornwoolly :thumbsup:

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2017, 08:06:48 pm »
That sounds really encouraging. I shall try to get to it next year, as I am having a serious stash sorting at the moment, so will need a bit of a stock up by then!

TheGirlsMum

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2017, 08:35:00 pm »
I loved it and bought some sock yarn so started practicing.
Will make sure and meet up wit SallyinNorth next time

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS