Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi Everyone - 1st Time lamber  (Read 1175 times)

Murg

• Joined Feb 2017
  • N Ireland
Hi Everyone - 1st Time lamber
« on: March 29, 2017, 11:42:22 am »
Hi Everyone,

Just finishing lambing with one ewe  :sheep:left to lamb ( Twin Lambs) 3 ewes lambed 2 with twins and one with single so 100%  result so far... really chuffed  :thumbsup:relief:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: Hi Everyone - 1st Time lamber
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 12:22:54 pm »
Well done!!! A big hearty congrats to you! :) This year will be my third year lambing, but always with some help as I can't manage 70 ewes by meself! :O  Btw what breed of sheep do you keep and do you lamb in or outdoors?
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 01:59:55 pm »
Well done, Murg and welcome to the forum.

Murg

• Joined Feb 2017
  • N Ireland
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 03:02:38 pm »
Thanks Devon Lady, hopefully there will be a lot more posts... i really love looking after my sheep and fully intend to increase the flock this year.

Murg

• Joined Feb 2017
  • N Ireland
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 03:06:34 pm »
Hi Water Buffalo Farmer,

I just started this year and had 6 Crossbred ewes which were covered by a cheviot tip (tup). When scanned 1 were empty which i was going to replace but decided this year stick with what i had so i sold the two empties and kept the 4. ( wishing now i had bought a few more.)
But as they say creep before you walk s i am very satisfied ( So far)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS