Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sticks for sale  (Read 6581 times)

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
Sticks for sale
« on: March 25, 2017, 08:11:13 am »
When a friend sent me this link, I was sure it had to be a wind-up. However, now I'm not so sure.

Stoke Newington Florist sells sticks for up to £18.

Has the world gone completely mad?

I'm speechless!!
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Sticks for sale
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 08:44:00 am »
Now where did I put all that Old Rope!  :thinking: :idea:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 04:14:19 pm »
I have copious amounts of air ( fresh ) available, discount for quantity , bring your own bag to avoid the 5p bag tax.

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 08:07:33 am »
I have nettles, dockens and ragwort available at very reasonable rates when in season.

Nettles are known to make lovely herbal tea or cordial, and I'm sure there is some kind of undiscovered therapeutic benefit to docken root, while ragwort flowers would look lovely in a floral arrangement.. ;)  Pick your own!
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 09:03:15 am »
 <<< while ragwort flowers would look lovely in a floral arrangement >>>
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]             With sticks :idea:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Black Sheep

• Joined Sep 2015
  • Briercliffe
    • Monk Hall Farm
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 11:04:01 am »
Talking about air did anyone see that programme on C4 with Jon Richardson about the things he was scared of? The bit on air pollution showed him meeting a family who take pond dipping nets lined with a plastic bag up on a hilltop and "catch" the fresh air and seal it in Kilner jars and sell them for some ridiculous amount. Makes the sticks look like a bargain ;D

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 01:36:26 pm »
I have nettles, dockens and ragwort available at very reasonable rates when in season.

Nettles are known to make lovely herbal tea or cordial, and I'm sure there is some kind of undiscovered therapeutic benefit to docken root, while ragwort flowers would look lovely in a floral arrangement.. ;)  Pick your own!
There is already a market for dandelion and burdock, just sell the raw ingredients to health freaks.

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 02:33:05 pm »
I can recall tins of london fog for sale and also bags of amsterdam rain.
Who remembers Reginald Perrin's 'Grot Shops' ?

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2017, 02:35:10 pm »
Those are some beautiful, quality sticks, wish I could get some like that in a shop round here.

Ghdp

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Conwy
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2017, 04:01:26 pm »
Am hoping grass cuttings make it big in interior design this summer. I am thinking of opening up 'a mow your own' facility ?

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2017, 05:05:32 pm »

There is already a market for dandelion and burdock, just sell the raw ingredients to health freaks.
Omitting the ragwirt of course!  :o I must admit that this thread has made me chuckle rather ;)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2017, 07:51:17 pm »
We're all going to be rich. I can see it coming.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2017, 08:29:02 pm »
Damm government, muscling in , Hot air , and recycled too ! and we've already paid for it   :huff:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2017, 08:38:24 pm »
Those are some beautiful, quality sticks, wish I could get some like that in a shop round here.
I have a " pick your own" service,  bring own saw though, you will spot my place as there are tree fellas at the gate , well two, one is off sick, most of my branches are open seven days , don't worry about the dog as his bark is worse than his bite , dont leaf it too long though , I will bough to your every whim ,
yours
Rupert of  Nutwood village

twigged it yet ?

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2017, 09:21:08 pm »
I have got plenty of straw carefully selected from the barn and placed in my socks by the straw fairy. With that magic must be worth oooh, £22.95.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS