Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Cats Protection has the outdoor cats that you are looking for.  (Read 1592 times)

CatsProtection_ncac

• Joined Mar 2017
  • National Cat Adoption Centre, Chelwood Gate, RH17 7TT (SAT NAV RH17 7DE)
  • We're on the hunt for outdoor homes!
    • National Cat Adoption Centre - Cats Protection
Hi everyone!
It is the National Cat Adoption Centre of Cats Protection here, we just wanted to inform everyone that we have a few cats longing for an absolutely amazing outdoor home. They are all happy to live outside and have a stable/barn/outbuilding as their main home. All of these cats are looking for outdoor homes for various reasons.

If you are looking for a cat to accompany your smallholding livestock or just to chase away any critters that are near your crops, please contact us! We are in Chelwood Gate, RH17 7TT (SAT NAV RH17 7DE) and are happy to home any of our outdoor cats within an hour from our location.  If you are interested or know someone that is please contact us on 01825 741 330. Cattery.reception@cats.org.uk

Thank you for your time!

with love all the kitties at the centre. Paws Out!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 08:00:04 pm by CatsProtection_ncac »

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
Re: Cats Protection has the outdoor cats that you are looking for.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 06:31:24 pm »
I have my lovely Lilly little cat - she is an outdoor cat, came wild from another farm and I think loves the life on her own in the shed/landrover/chevette/hay barn or any other comforting place she can find.

Its nice to know that you also realise that some cats like to be outside and well looked after.

I so want another cat, but its so hard to find companions for cats.

I would recommend anyone get a rescue cat - they will love you if you treat them right - ha ha or just be grumpy sometimes - but hey they are really nice to love.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 07:35:36 pm »
Both our cats came from CPL, the ginger tom  is in charge of security and challenges visitors , I've seen him stand in front of vehicles coming down the drive leading to delivery driver standoffs  , stalking the vet ( with a view to a kill ) and checking my bedroom for intruders  ;)  Our female is an ace rodent control operative as it is said "the female of the species is more deadlier than the male." Oh and they appear to be in charge......

certainly recommend an adopted cat 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 07:37:19 pm by Rupert the bear »

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 07:15:33 am »
There are also local Cats Protection branches that have facebook groups. I've rehomed farm cats a few times and their great, very appreciative of food and attention :)

devonlad

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Nr Crediton in Devon
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 10:35:37 am »
Our Ratcatcher-in -Chief is called Mouse and came from CPL as a kitten just over 4 years ago. She lives in our feed shed in her straw filled box and despite at first being a wild spitting, snarling ball of fluff she long ago decided me and OH were people she could trust. she is very loving to us both but always makes her self scarce if anyone else is about. She is our perfect pest controller, as the dead rat she placed by the back door this morning is testament too.

Terry T

• Joined Sep 2014
  • Norfolk
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 12:38:46 pm »
We rehomed a feral cat from the CPL in January, I found it hard keeping her caged for 6 weeks but in that time she got used to us, stopped hissing and started meowing and would come out of her hiding place to eat.  Unfortunately she only stayed with us for three days after we let her out of the cage and I haven't seen her for a couple of weeks now. We are going to put food out for a month or two and have to decide whether to try again if she doesn't return after ghat. Glad to hear other peoples experiences have been better.

NewLifeOnTheFarm

• Joined Jun 2016
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 07:40:19 pm »
We got two 4 month old kittens about 6 weeks ago from CPL. Fantastic service. We kept them in a large chicken coop inside the feed shed for two weeks and then just opened the door and hoped for the best! One comes out and meows at me at feeding time, the other scarpers, but we haven't seen a live mouse since they arrived. Cannot recommend them highly enough!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS