Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sheep Wanted Aberdeenshire  (Read 2916 times)

LeanneR88

• Joined Jan 2014
Sheep Wanted Aberdeenshire
« on: March 20, 2017, 11:41:18 am »
Recently bought a little croft in Aberdeenshire, have 3 ponies already so looking to get a few sheep, no particular breed, prefer to be fairly young, wondered if anyone had any for sale :)

aess35

• Joined Jan 2013
Re: Sheep Wanted Aberdeenshire
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 08:23:53 am »
Hi we have some shetland ewes and last year ewe lambs

marka

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Moray, NE Scotland
  • www.facebook.com/WellsideCroft
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 02:08:50 pm »
Hi there,

We have some Castlemilk Moorits available ranging from ewes with this years lambs at foot ( although not ready yet as they have just lambed ) to last years ewe lambs. We have a proven ram and a wether available as well.

If you would like any photos, please just let me know.

Regards

Mark
Castlemilk Moorit sheep and Belted Galloway cattle, plus other hangers on.

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 05:12:54 pm »
[member=34360]LeanneR88[/member] if you might have the sheep in the fields at the same time as the ponies it would be advisable to get some without horns.
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

animalcrackers

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 05:17:32 pm »
i have some shetland gimmers for sale. registered and bucket trained

VAnderson4

• Joined May 2015
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 03:26:37 pm »
I have some zwartbles and/or zwartble x black wensleydales for sale at weaning

LeanneR88

• Joined Jan 2014
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 06:31:01 pm »
I have some zwartbles and/or zwartble x black wensleydales for sale at weaning

Sorry for delay!!

Do you still have if so send me a pm with details please :)

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 09:56:08 pm »
I will have some Gotland x Shetland and Gotland x Lincoln Longwool castrated lambs available at weaning in August
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

docsal

• Joined Feb 2017
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 11:31:32 am »
clydesdaleclopper - I might be interested. I am looking to raise a few for meat and nice sheepskins. Yours sound like they would have good fleeces. I am just outside Aberdeen, near Westhill. I haven't got any fences yet, so would need to get going with that in the first instance but August would give me time. I haven't kept sheep before so would try and find a course or a mentor too. Will they need to be indoors in winter months?

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 11:36:40 am »
Hi [member=168653]docsal[/member] . That's exactly what we do. We slaughter them at about 18months old. That way they are a nice size and taste great. I get the first clip of fleeces to sell to spinners and have a nice length of fleece for the skins. They don't need to be indoors over winter - they manage fine up here on the hill. They just need hay over winter. They are a very friendly bunch who come for cuddles and are easy to handle. Drop me a pm if you want to come to meet them :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS