Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: portraits of pets and other animals  (Read 3095 times)

bumpkins

• Joined Apr 2013
  • North Petherton, Somerset
  • Don't wait for your ship to come in-swim out to it
portraits of pets and other animals
« on: November 21, 2014, 10:38:14 pm »
Hi everyone  :wave:
I love to paint animals - all of them.  If you have anything (four legs..... or even two!) that you might like to see on canvas, then please give me a shout.  I keep prices low as there is little point in art that no one can afford.
bye for now
Catherine

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: portraits of pets and other animals
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 10:58:44 am »
they look really good, how much do you charge per painting plus postage?
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 11:26:50 am »
I like your style - not twee  :thumbsup:

Do you work from a photograph?   Yes, prices would be helpful please.

Ah - I've just looked at your website and answered my own questions  ;D
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 11:31:21 am by Fleecewife »
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 07:52:18 pm »
They are amazing really life like. Would definitely like you to paint some of our animals.
How do l go about it ?  :thumbsup:

HappyHippy

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 12:14:48 am »
Stunning  :thumbsup:
Here's the website folks  ;) http://www.catherinesturnham.co.uk/commissions.htm

bumpkins

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 06:24:46 pm »
Hi Everyone who has been kind enough to reply!
Sorry - I haven't been on for a couple of days. 
Prices start at £65 for A4.  I work in several different mediums.  Watercolour, Acrylic (which gives the most lifelike result) and pastel which is a softer version. 

I can either work from life or from photos.  I'm not unfortunately often lucky enough to be able to work from life as I live in such a remote area (Caithness - NE Scotland. We're about 40 miles from John O' Groats).  So photos are fine - good ones, and several of them if you can.
I don't charge for postage - that is included in the price.  I have to post most of my work and haven't had any 'mishaps' yet. :fc:
I will paint most animals - I've even done someone's sheep!
Thank you all for your messages - lovely to hear from you x

FCA

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 06:53:33 pm »
I am so pleased to have found this post from you as I would like to have a portrait for my mother of her Bearded Collie.  Dylan is 13 now and he is beginning his decline - poor old boy (although he's certainly got some time ahead of him yet  :fc: ).  We'll all be devastated when he goes - my nephews and nieces particularly as they can barely remember a life without him.  I've got loads of photographs of him - if I put some on a memory stick and send them to you would you let me know if they are suitable or if I need to take some more.
Thank you, Fiona

bumpkins

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 08:08:40 pm »
Hi Fiona
Have sent you a PM
Catherine x

FCA

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 06:44:06 pm »
So I thought I would post an update on this old thread.  Dylan lasted another 2 years after I first made contact with Catherine so it was only this February that she started work on his portrait.  I cannot tell you how thrilled we all are with what Catherine has done for us.  It is 100% Dylan in every respect and my parents have put him up on their kitchen wall so he is part of the family again.  I don't know how Catherine did it, but his eyes look at you wherever you stand and my mum loves having him following her around.  My parents (who are mid 70s now and have never been without a dog) have taken on a one year old Beardie/Border cross who has a little still to learn in the behaviour department, and my mum can often be heard pointing out Dylan as an example he must aspire to!  I'm attaching a photo which I hope you enjoy and send our heartfelt thanks to Catherine.

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 07:28:42 pm »
That is such a lovely reminder if a very handsome beardie. Catherine has definitely captured the essence of a bearded collie. We had one many years ago and I still miss him.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 11:21:23 am »
fantastic picture there, it really has captured the essence of him :) I personally  love  beardies and would love to get one again at some point
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS