Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Responsibility for land size  (Read 5051 times)

Alex_

• Joined Jul 2016
Re: Responsibility for land size
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2017, 12:58:14 pm »
I don't know if this will help anyone
http://magic.defra.gov.uk/MagicMap.aspx

you can measure area and length

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
Re: Responsibility for land size
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 12:58:18 am »
I think Carmarthen county council & lots of others have  something on their planning website that will calculate the plotted area you chose to enclose .

Due to the memory problems I now seem to have  I can't say much more other than I used it several years ago to check the area on a Google Earth map in a 10 mtr view that I put the boundary points on .

My learned Solicitor who has supervised me purchasing more land once pointed out to me that a boundary can be anywhere along the width of a pencil line on the map . So be aware that it might be any where in the metre width of the line shown on the map  when you are looking for them on the ground .

He also advised me to put in plenty of the metre long concrete boundary posts that carry the years date  cast into them ,   as well as getting someone with one of the latest satnav devices that can give sat nav coordinates down to less than a half a metre reference point to actually give you lots of  co-ords as you walk the lands boundaries  .
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS