Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Busy start to the crafting year  (Read 5871 times)

Polyanya

• Joined Mar 2015
  • Shetland
    • The Creative Croft
    • Facebook
Busy start to the crafting year
« on: February 20, 2017, 10:24:35 am »
Since the beginning of the year I've been charged with a need to finish any wip stuff has anyone else? So I've made two quilts using all previous scraps and not bought any new fabrics - I did have a lot. I'm also going through several bin liner bags full of home produced dyed fleeces,  all of which need to be carded, spun, knitted and listed on my shops - don't know why I bother with two - I never have enough time to make any extra items for them too busy supplying the local tourist shops  :knit:.  Does anyone else sell their crafts online or otherwise?
In the depths of winter, I found there was in me an invincible summer - Camus

www.thecreativecroft.co.uk

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
Re: Busy start to the crafting year
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 11:13:40 am »
Well done, I am trying to reduce the volume of stuff in my workroom, and have bought a wider loom which will use up more of my hand spun yarn. I have an etsy shop for selling my knitting but it hasn't got any stock in at present. I have also sold a few things at local shows on our local smallholder association stall, and our Weaving group are planning to start selling as a group this summer too. Not only does this help fund my fibre habit, but I think it is good to show the public what can be done with locally grown wool etc.

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 04:28:03 am »
There's never enough hours in the day or the energy to go with them.
I've got an etsy shop and will have a stall at Wonderwool again this year with friends from 'A Crafty Goat Club' selling our own mohair.  I only sell the fibre.  I'd love to sell stuff I've made but not got that far yet.

Still masses to sort and prep.  Kidding and lambing about to start, windows and doors being replaced, rayburn needs fixing etc, etc

Polyanya

• Joined Mar 2015
  • Shetland
    • The Creative Croft
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 08:33:12 pm »
Phew I'm so glad its not just me - I can't quite catch up with anything and I do feel guilty that I don't stock the shops that well. I agree about the selling of stuff to make room for more stuff to make though. So still feeling quite virtuous that I've made two quilts since Jan. I'm also selling at the Shetland Wool Week so really looking forward to that. It all sounds very industrious Louise and Dogwalker - do you have fb pages I could look at? Maybe I should look at your profiles - duh  :idea:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 11:28:06 pm »
I'm very impressed, Polyanya. That's a lot of work. I dread to think how many WIPs I have. Sorting things out is on my to do list but I am very good at ignoring it. I've been working on a crochet jumper from commercial yarn, while spinning some Llanwenog to finish a WIP jumper. Then I have to crochet a mermaid tail for my granddaughter's birthday in April, finish a crochet lap blanket, spin some more yarn to finish the crochet shawl I started. After all that, I MIGHT get round to seeing what else is lying around half made.

Polyanya

• Joined Mar 2015
  • Shetland
    • The Creative Croft
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 02:37:24 pm »
Well MGM I got to the point where I couldn't actually get in to my little porta-cabin next to the house because of all the wip I had lying around. We bought it so I could work in there and not clutter up the house so much, that was several years ago but all thats happened is the porta-cabin AND the house are cluttered and I still have nowhere to work  :roflanim:   

Good luck with all your projects, I like the sound of the mermaid tail  ;D

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 10:37:36 pm »
My craft room is like that but I think it is a common problem. I bought some lovely yarn today to make the mermaid tail so I will start on that soon. I do want to finish this jumper first though or it will be yet another bag lying around.  :roflanim:

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 06:43:34 am »
My WIP has now been renamed PhD, Project half done :)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 01:40:17 pm »

I have a lot of doctorates, then...   :roflanim:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Polyanya

• Joined Mar 2015
  • Shetland
    • The Creative Croft
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 10:35:37 am »
 :roflanim: Oh what clever talented people  :roflanim:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 11:05:46 pm »

Love it.  :roflanim:

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2017, 08:51:05 am »
Love a picture of the finished Llanwenogs article MGM.....

Me I have an array of PhD's  and also lots of  PLANS ( projects lying around not started! )
 :innocent:
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2017, 10:55:58 pm »
Love a picture of the finished Llanwenogs article MGM.....

I've now spun the rest of the prepared fleece so I'll start knitting it up to see if it's enough. If not I'll have to get the drum carder out again. It's taking a lot more than I anticipated. I'll let you have a picture when it's done and you can show your sheep what their fleeces end up like.  ;D

Polyanya

• Joined Mar 2015
  • Shetland
    • The Creative Croft
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 01:46:36 pm »
Yes me too, I've been carding batts like mad and spinning and knitting up into cowls, pics of which I've put on fb. Still plenty more to do so what am I still doing on here!?

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 11:45:15 pm »
I have my crochet on my lap as I type. Not actually doing it though but it makes me feel better.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS