Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lovage  (Read 15112 times)

NotQuiteASmallHolder

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Hillside, Montrose, Angus
Lovage
« on: February 16, 2017, 11:05:00 pm »
Evening all,

I've several recipes which include lovage as an ingredient but have struggled to find anywhere which would stock it ready for use so thought I'd try growing some myself. Can anyone recommend a good source for seeds or plants to get me started?

Thanks

Chris

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Lovage
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 12:06:06 am »
https://www.jekkasherbfarm.com/seeds?s=l  They probably do plants too.  I grew lovage years ago, but never found much of a use for it.  It grows into a very large plant, up to about 2m tall, so I doubt you would need more than one plant.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 08:44:34 am »
I got mine from T&M and will be sowing it soon. It's not very expensive but you get a lot of seeds with it. Btw be careful, lovage grows very fast! We have a bush and it grows like a small tree, so we have to cut and shape it every summer, sometimes twice ::)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 11:44:07 am »
There is a fantastic herb nursery on the Black Isle that does mail order plants and seeds http://www.poyntzfieldherbs.co.uk/catalogue.html
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

NotQuiteASmallHolder

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Hillside, Montrose, Angus
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 12:37:17 pm »
Thanks all. Finally found some T&M seeds in a garden centre in Inverness. I'll give it another couple of weeks and get planting!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS