Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: De crofting cost  (Read 5665 times)

Hamish Crofter

• Joined Jun 2013
  • Isle of Skye
De crofting cost
« on: August 14, 2016, 06:30:33 pm »

Hi,
       Just wondered if anyone on here has decrofted their house or part of their 
       Croft recently and if so what were the legal and associated costs involved.
        I understand all the legislation ect but am just curious about the costs
       before I approach a solicitor.

CarolineJ

• Joined Dec 2015
  • North coast of Scotland
Re: De crofting cost
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 06:48:07 pm »
I've been filling out the paperwork recently, after my solicitor told me not to waste my money on getting them to do it, as it was pretty straightforward.  She was right  :)  The trickiest thing is getting the maps right and that's something they'd be relying on you to do anyway. 

If they'd done it, it would have been about £150.  If your croft isn't registered, you'll have to put in the registration paperwork at the same time and I think that's about a £90 fee to the Commission.

oor wullie

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Strathnairn
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 11:55:19 am »
I did it all myself too.  I can't remember what it cost but it was straight forward enough.

Hamish Crofter

• Joined Jun 2013
  • Isle of Skye
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 08:10:12 pm »

Thanks both......Martin

Garmoran

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Lochaber, Highland
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 10:00:48 pm »
If your croft isn't registered, you'll have to put in the registration paperwork at the same time and I think that's about a £90 fee to the Commission.

Yep, £90 fee but also you have to advertise the registration in a newspaper on 2 consecutive weeks. The cheapest I could find a paper to do that for was £112. The Press and Journal wanted £356 + VAT  :o

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS