Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Re Dad's heart Procedure and busy week ahead! :/  (Read 2349 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re Dad's heart Procedure and busy week ahead! :/
« on: January 18, 2017, 01:18:28 pm »
Dad is having his heart procedure done tomorrow, he is travelling up to London, as I speak, on the train. After the op he will be staying with his sister for a few days. Sort of feeling a little nervous today and I know we will all be feeling really anxious tonight and tomoz  :( We managed to get all the biggest things done on farm in the last 3 weeks in prep for his operation, cause he will be incapacitated for at least 3-4 weeks after the Procedure.  Had 2 calves born over the past 3 days and one of the cows decided to prolapse this morn, so we had the vet out to put it in and stitch her up, which she did efficiently. Puppy is coming tomorrow evening so will have to get the place sorted out for her :) Exciting/worrying times, not sure whether to go about worrying my head off or jumping for joy, very confusing! ??? Dad seems to be holding himself fine, but I know when he thought about it the first time he was really stressed and even cried, which he doesn't do usually, but I think he has resigned himself to it.....
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
Re: Re Dad's heart Procedure and busy week ahead! :/
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 04:56:22 pm »
I hope everything goes well. Try and keep busy, it us normal to be a bit worried, but he is in good hands.  :fc:  For a speedy recovery.  :hug:

TheGirlsMum

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 06:11:09 pm »
Fingers crossed, keep yourself busy and give that puppy a cuddle from me.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 06:47:01 pm »
Fingers crossed, keep yourself busy and give that puppy a cuddle from me.
Will do :) She will be a pleasent distraction. I have made him a card to from all the family, so I hope he likes that. I am going to try and get him a present, maybe even bake him a nice cake?  :idea: Thanks for all the comments guys I really do appreciate all your support :) I will let you know how his op goes tomoz
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 11:31:44 pm »
Hope it all goes well. I'm sure the puppy will be a great distraction.  :hug:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 12:26:14 pm »
Dad's sister took dad into hospital at 4am this morn, as his procedure was supposed to be at 7am. It has been moved to sometime this afternoon, so dad wasn't too happy that he had to go in that early, when he could have had a bit of a lie in, as his heart goes funny if he hasn't had enough sleep and he can't take any meds today at all, so he has to be very careful. He is going to try and sleep some more before the procedure, jsut to give his body some rest. In the meantime we have a new heifer calf born this morning and another heifer due to calve in the next day or so :)

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 12:31:22 pm »
Well, that is a shame about the hold up but at least he is there and in the queue! I am sure he was really pleased to hear about the new heifer [member=42855]waterbuffalofarmer[/member]  - always worth getting up for!

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 07:31:46 pm »
Ok well..... Dad is out of the operating theatre now and has been told he musn't move, he is in some pain and discomfort, only natural. We hope the procedure has gone well and that it is all sorted. Will know more later! :) Mum and I have just picked up the little puppy, she is gorgeous!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 08:43:18 pm »
Keeping everything crossed for you that Dad's op has gone to plan, and that you all have a great year ahead.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 09:03:27 pm »
That is good news, I hope he continues to make a speedy recovery and gets home to enjoy the new puppy soon.  :hug:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS