Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sugar Free Farm  (Read 7785 times)

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
Sugar Free Farm
« on: January 17, 2017, 09:56:34 pm »
Anybody watching this? Celebs are idiots but milking 120 Waterbuffalo.
Other than that not learning much apart from not to eat low fat speads :-).

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: Sugar Free Farm
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 10:07:50 pm »
Anybody watching this? Celebs are idiots but milking 120 Waterbuffalo.
Other than that not learning much apart from not to eat low fat speads :-).
Yea I heard about this programme, jodie schekter is the owner of the farm which is laverstoke farm park, one of the biggest buffalo farms in the country.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

CarolineJ

• Joined Dec 2015
  • North coast of Scotland
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 06:43:03 am »
I watched the last series, but some of the celebrities on this one tend to make me want to throw things at the screen, so I haven't seen any of this one.  I went sugar-free for January though and 19 days in am feeling a lot better.  (I've done it before, just fell off the wagon!)

TheGirlsMum

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 07:48:21 am »
I'm with you on wanting to throw stuff at the screen I can understand the depression and cramps etc. But why won't they make the most of having a go at what's on offer? Can't say the smoothies would be for me but the rest of the experience......yes please.

I am watching series one on You Tube and there are some major strops there.

TracyC

• Joined Aug 2016
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 09:25:26 am »
We have been watching this with interest.  I can't say I am learning anything new as such, but it is nice to "see" people trying it.  If the blonde left, I'd be able to watch it without getting mad.  She irritates me!  Name escapes me, I've tried to blank her out.
I think it'd take a lot of planning to go sugar free for me.  For example, I have honey in hot water and tea instead of sugar, but according to sugar free farm, honey is off the menu.  I prefer the idea of eating natural sugars, to me, surely natural is good in moderation.

Bramham Wiltshire Horns

• Joined Oct 2014
  • leeds
  • Bramham flock Wiltshire Horns
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 09:27:14 am »
i put it on for the first episode and then realised that big lazy **** from TOWIE was on it and imediatly turned it off
follow on FB@BramhamWiltshireHorns

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 09:40:54 am »
I haven't seen this weeks episode yet but agree about the lazy one from TOWIE. IsS it Gemma?

When she was in I'm a celebrity get me out of here she was exactly the same.

Surely much of it is put on but there is nothing about the 'role' she is playing that endears me to here. She puts me off of watching this weeks episode.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 10:07:21 am »
I watched what I think was the first episode when Dr Who (Peter Davison) became very ill after only two days.  It didn't say what happened to him.  Would complete restriction of sugar really cause him to collapse to that extent? 
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 10:49:01 am »
Yes I've wanted to throw things at the screen as well, both fat females have me muttering things.
Plus they don't actually DO much?  Taking tne insulators out of posts? SUCH hard work. And why? Something they can't make a hash of  :D
Wouldn't think it would be good for the body going 'cold turkey'? When I had a drastic change of lifestyle and diet many years ago I had appendicitis, apparently caused by change in diet.
But I am learning about diet, and it's interesting, would love to eat what they are getting, in fact I'd love to be on that farm :-). (As long as they weren't there)  ;D
Also interesting about buffalo, 7-8% fat? Are there many buffalo farms WBF?
The electric fence looked a lot thicker than mine, do cattle need thicker wire?

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 11:19:03 am »
Yes I've wanted to throw things at the screen as well, both fat females have me muttering things.
Plus they don't actually DO much?  Taking tne insulators out of posts? SUCH hard work. And why? Something they can't make a hash of  :D
Wouldn't think it would be good for the body going 'cold turkey'? When I had a drastic change of lifestyle and diet many years ago I had appendicitis, apparently caused by change in diet.
But I am learning about diet, and it's interesting, would love to eat what they are getting, in fact I'd love to be on that farm :-). (As long as they weren't there)  ;D
Also interesting about buffalo, 7-8% fat? Are there many buffalo farms WBF?
The electric fence looked a lot thicker than mine, do cattle need thicker wire?
Yea, it is between 6.5% and 8% butterfat, although one of ours was giving 9% last year, protein is 4%. Yes there are quite a few dotted over the country, and a very few small buffalo keepers who have had buffalo off us to get started :) Most of the farms in England/wales milk for Laverstoke, There are a few in Ireland and scotland, mostly meat and only a few milk. There was one in North wales but he only milked for a few years, then did meat, but he has retired now.  There is someone who keeps some only about 11 miles away from us, near new quay and then someone else over in Cardigan/carms area, I think.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 11:22:55 am »
Well we are tv free and so I have no idea who you are on about but seems to me that instead of being relaxing, viewing is causing too much stress in this case!

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 11:47:10 am »
Well we are tv free and so I have no idea who you are on about but seems to me that instead of being relaxing, viewing is causing too much stress in this case!
LOL
Im always happy to learn something new Harmony  :)
Bunch of celebs moved onto a farm and limited to type of food, no sugar, bad fats and something else, plenty of what they can eat though, and supposedly they are 'working' on the farm.

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 12:14:56 pm »
Thanks penninehillbilly!

And just what is a "celebrity"?  :eyelashes:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 12:33:05 pm »
Thanks penninehillbilly!

And just what is a "celebrity"?  :eyelashes:
A celeb is just like one of us only does silly things for loads of media attention, at least thats my definition :roflanim: :innocent:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS