Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Aarrgh - Christmas pressie is a long way off being finished  (Read 2336 times)

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
Aarrgh - Christmas pressie is a long way off being finished
« on: December 24, 2016, 05:13:46 pm »
My 9 year old is a huge fan of Harry Potter so I said I would make him a quilted wall hanging with pockets to store his current book and bits and bobs in. It is so far off being finished. I have made the pockets and pieced the front, though I still need to add the borders. However the appliqué of Hedwig the owl carrying the envelope with the invitation to Hogwarts is so far off. I still need to sew all the appliqué pieces onto the fabric, embroider it, cut it out, attach it to the main piece and then quilt it - there really is no hope of him getting his pressie tomorrow   :surrender:   :(  I just hope he likes it when I finally finish it  :fc:

Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

TheGirlsMum

• Joined Sep 2010
Re: Aarrgh - Christmas pressie is a long way off being finished
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 06:13:12 pm »
 Amazing

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 06:07:35 pm »
Oh well I shouldn't have worried. He couldn't care less that I hadn't finished it because OH bought him a Nerf gun - sometimes I wonder why I bother.
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 06:24:14 pm »
You bother because you love him, and one day he will appreciate all the work and love that has gone into your wall hanging . Long after the gun is broken and in the bin.

It looks fab  :thumbsup:
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

Jullienne

• Joined Apr 2016
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 10:20:41 pm »
Maybe you could give it to him as a birthday present instead? Looks brilliant btw I am sure he will be really pleased with it :)
boast not yourself of tomorrow; for you know not what a day may bring forth. Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips. proverbs 27 verses 1-2.

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 10:06:29 am »
My kids would love this!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS