Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sad loss of a pig  (Read 1710 times)

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
Sad loss of a pig
« on: December 11, 2016, 06:01:45 pm »
Ok so you may feel you have had worse losses but the little China salt shaker pig that just fell out of the cupboard(I was grabbing a plastic pot that had got too close to the edge) was the first present I bought my then new boyfriend 20 years ago. Little did he know then that 20 years on he would be out feeding the pigs every morning before breakfast........

cans

• Joined May 2013
Re: Sad loss of a pig
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 06:18:53 pm »
 :hug:

Ghdp

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Conwy
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 06:23:19 pm »
 :hug:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 06:35:32 pm »
For a moment then I thought it was a real pig. Then I read china. Now I write that I am sorry this happened :( could you glue it together again? Or was it smashed too finely?  :thinking:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 09:15:07 pm »
I'm afraid it's an ex pig Wbf. We'll get over it. Our relationship is stronger then that. But the pepper pig has lost its mate, and no amount of glue will bring it back.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS