Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Preliminary Ecological Assessment  (Read 2145 times)

Shinding

• Joined Jul 2016
  • West Wales
Preliminary Ecological Assessment
« on: December 05, 2016, 10:04:28 am »
We live in Cardigan Bay (not on the coastal side of the A487) and need to have a Preliminary Ecological Assessment carried out - can anyone out there recommend someone / a business? Ceredigion County Council advise we need to have a PEA to assess badger sets (we do have a badger set but we also know the rules in respect of keeping any new constructions away from them etc), bats' flight paths etc (we know we do not have roosting bats) and reptiles in our pond.

Also looking for someone to compile a planning application who doesn't charge ridiculous amounts.

Thank you.
Shinding

farmershort

• Joined Nov 2010
Re: Preliminary Ecological Assessment
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 11:26:47 am »
look through the online planning portal for your area permitted developments (planning or PD). you should see documents from bat survey companies, environment assessment stuff, and planning agents. You should be able to compile a shopping list of tasks and companies.

HTH

Adam

big soft moose

• Joined Oct 2016
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 09:56:21 pm »
The last planning application I did, i did it myself - with some help from the RSPB on bird survey  (that was for a multiuser path in my day job) admittedly your problem may be credentials  (I'm a ranger team leader which was good enough for our planners in east devon)

Consultancy can get very expensive very quickly so its best to gt several quotes and also to take up refferences etc - the reason i wound up doing our myself was the consultant we used originally writing silly crap like  " as hedges are present it is reasonable to assume dormice are on site" - ah no , just no , thats like saying we have grasslands so we must have buffalo.

If i was closer i'd be happy to help , but wales is a goodly long way from devon - I'll have an ask around and see if i can find you some contacts

Shinding

• Joined Jul 2016
  • West Wales
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 11:10:34 pm »
Good advice Adam - I'll give it a go.

Big Soft Moose: it's the churning out of "silly crap" that makes me loathe to pay huge amounts and the reason I always try to get recommendations. Really kind of you to have an ask around too.

Thank you both.

Also need someone to do some natural build drawings for our planning app to eco-renovate some buildings on our land if anyone else can help with that!
Shinding

big soft moose

• Joined Oct 2016
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 11:44:16 pm »
drawing wise are you looking for Cad or arty sketches ?  - for CAD I used to use a service near bristol   called mad ,march hare (alex March)- he charges 45 quid for an hour (or 65 on a 24hr turn round) - he was very good, the only reason i say used to is because we now have a cad officer to do it in house

I'm off work with depression at the moment so don't have his contacts to hand but you can probably find him via google

regen

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 06:42:37 am »
Google Matt Sutton ecology -Wyndrush wild. He is in cardiganshire and did a survey for me in 2014 for a hydro turbine installation covering several issues including badgers -reasonable price and knew what he was doing

Regen

Shinding

• Joined Jul 2016
  • West Wales
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 03:52:53 pm »
Big Soft Moose - I'm after CAD drawings but we may have found someone who can help. We'll know more on Monday.
Shinding

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS