Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Yearling cob pony £100. Selby/Goole area.  (Read 2760 times)

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
Yearling cob pony £100. Selby/Goole area.
« on: November 27, 2016, 11:35:03 am »
Black and white traditional gypsy cob for sale.
Toby is about a year old, well build with good conformation and plenty of hair and feather. He is very quiet, well handled and halter trained and pleasant to have around and should make about 13.2 - 14hh. He will happily load into a trailer as he lives with my donkeys and they are all used to being moved around between fields.  I was given  him as a grazing debt by a traveller and took him not because I wanted him, but because I didn't want him to be abandoned somewhere or left tied on a grass verge.
The price of £100 is for him as he is - uncastrated, unmicrochipped and unpassported. I can get all that done at purchaser's cost and am happy to keep him until he is ready to move.

(Please don't use this advert as a soapbox to point out the legalities of microchipping and horse passports. Start another post if you feel the need.)
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
Re: Yearling cob pony £100. Selby/Goole area.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 08:20:45 pm »
 Here's a picture of him taken a few months ago.
Rules are made:

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 09:25:21 pm »
He looks very sweet, good luck rehoming him.
Anne

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 02:47:01 pm »
 Thanks DM - I've got someone coming to look at him tomorrow.
 Just been washing him and leading him about so he looks and behaves well. But I can't believe how laid back he is. To be honest I've not had a halter on him since I got him as he's always let me handle him in the field and brush him without needing to tie him up. And he's always just loaded himself into a trailer with the donkeys whenever I wanted to move him.
 So yesterday he just stood there while I put a head collar on, I attached the lead rope and led him about and he followed like an old hand.
 Today I washed him with cold water and he never protested at all - just took it all in his stride. He really will make someone an amazing little pony, so I do hope the prospective purchaser tomorrow is someone suitable who will give him a good home. :fc:
Rules are made:

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 03:01:48 pm »
He looks a good, honest little chap. I hope things work out well for you both.

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 01:59:32 pm »
 Thanks Devonlady. He's gone to what I hope is a good and knowledgeable home.
 I ended up giving him away, which is what I expected. But I didn't want to advertise him initially as "free to good home" and thereby attract a load of wannabe horse keepers who had no idea of the potential costs or commitment involved in keeping an animal.
 The gentleman who came to see Toby initially said he thought he'd be too small for what he wanted. But you could tell he really liked him, and he was impressed at how calm and laid back he was for such a young horse. So, after a bit of thought he decided he would have him after all. You can't guarantee a good home, but I feel happy that he's gone to a knowledgeable animal lover, and hopefully all will turn out ok.
Rules are made:

Wallis

• Joined Jan 2017
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 06:58:25 am »
Well that's good to hear. I'ts always hard parting with an animal and you want to make sure they go to a good home.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 04:11:21 pm by Wallis »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS