Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: When do kids get teeth? Mine have no top teeth, is this normal?  (Read 7870 times)

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
Re: When do kids get teeth? Mine have no top teeth, is this normal?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2016, 08:04:09 am »
oh yes its clearly labelled as a sheep skull.

I was going to point out the obvious to the museum assistant but she never got off her mobile phone so I guessed she wasnt too interested. its funny how people can get things so wrong but just shows we cant presume people know everything.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2016, 11:16:10 am »
if its any consolation, our local museum has a sheep skull on display which has top teeth.
if they don't know then what hope do the rest of us have?
It would be interesting to see a photo of it Shygirl, maybe we could even advise the 'experts' what it is  :innocent:

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2016, 07:30:44 pm »
Unless you know some friendly devil worshippers. They would be interested in a horned skull with teeth.

YorkshireLass

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Just when I thought I'd settled down...!
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2016, 10:01:12 pm »

I was going to point out the obvious to the museum assistant but she never got off her mobile phone so I guessed she wasnt too interested. its funny how people can get things so wrong but just shows we cant presume people know everything.

Small pony or foal is the only common toothy herbivore I can think of, off the top of my head. But I'd hope that didn't have horns!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2016, 11:52:48 pm »

Where is it? This is a MUST SEE for anyone in the area... maybe if we all turn up en masse and are completely overcome by such a precious find they'll realise that they have a 'treasure' there.  I suspect it's more likely to be a unicorn skull than a sheep based on your description so far....   :innocent:

:roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2016, 12:31:18 am »
Hey 7acres, how are your new boys doing ? Hope you didn't take offence at our having a chuckle WITH you, :-). I always think of us as a group of friends sat round a table, maybe in a pub, we laugh together, rant together and cry together, and offer advice to each other, but we all have the same feelings for our beasties  :goat: :hugcow:

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2016, 08:44:47 am »

I suspect it's more likely to be a unicorn skull than a sheep based on your description so far....   :innocent:

Like!

My first thought reading this thread was:

Oh my god! I didn't think they had top teeth! Why haven't I noticed mine are different from all other goats! When do they get them!? Maybe they do have top teeth now!?  Lol!

Polyanya

• Joined Mar 2015
  • Shetland
    • The Creative Croft
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2016, 02:53:31 pm »
Hey Penninehillbilly just wondering about this on-line FEC place you mentioned, I pay £24 to have both my girls counted and I can't go anywhere else as there is only one vet on the island. Is yours better value?
In the depths of winter, I found there was in me an invincible summer - Camus

www.thecreativecroft.co.uk

Seven Acres

• Joined Aug 2016
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2017, 02:11:57 pm »
Hi penninehillbilly,

Good, thank you I completely adore them.

I unfortunately had to have one of my boys putdown as he got kicked by my horse, I was mortified (they are not kept together, the boys got out of their paddock and into his paddock by accident and as they were running back out to see me, unfortunately one got a blow to his hind leg, shattering it).

We have since got a companion in the form of another boer and have refenced, though they have become very friendly with our Norfolk Horn sheep and spend the day grazing happily together.

I agree with everyone with their comments about how inquisitive they are, the two boys (Williams and Buster) are into everything, always running over to the gate to say hello and climbing up on you to check your pockets.  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS