Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Retired working sheep dog in rescue needs loving home  (Read 2098 times)

Old Shep

• Joined Feb 2011
  • North Yorkshire
Retired working sheep dog in rescue needs loving home
« on: November 15, 2016, 06:25:02 pm »
Louis is 10 years old and fostered here with me In Yorkshire.  He has found himself in rescue although he is a superb dog.  No issues, gets on well with people and dogs and trustworthy with other animals.  He has worked sheep but is a bit stiff in his back end so cannot do the running he used to.  He can help with the sheep in the yard and could easily manage a small holder type flock.  He is very obedient and loves to please.  He's now house trained and would prefer to live indoors because of his age.  He'd be best with another dog for company unless there was someone around all day.  He's a loyal faithful friend and deserves and nice home.

https://www.facebook.com/PPBC-Louis-330807927279541/

He has his own facebook page if you want to see more photos.  Or PM if you or anyone you know may be interested.  There would need to be the usual homecheck and there would be a rehoming fee to the rescue.  Thank you for looking.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 06:26:48 pm by Old Shep »
Helen - (used to be just Shep).  Gordon Setters, Border Collies and chief lambing assistant to BigBennyShep.

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
Re: Retired working sheep dog in rescue needs loving home
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 07:03:51 pm »
He is gorgeous....
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

YorkshireLass

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Just when I thought I'd settled down...!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 11:41:42 am »
*wistful sigh*

10 is not old at all, my monster is about 10 and still gets mistaken for a puppy!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 11:57:08 am »
*wistful sigh*

10 is not old at all, my monster is about 10 and still gets mistaken for a puppy!

Agree!  Dot will be 9 next month, and when people ask how old she is and I reply '9', they say, 'Months?'  :D

My older boy, Skip, though, is now 12 and is at the same stage as Louis.  He likes a warm bed these days!    But he still helps with the sheep - just I have to take care that he definitely know which job we're doing, as he's very hard of hearing now, so once he sets off to do the job you can't give him any further commands! 

I do hope Louis finds a lovely home.  They work their socks off for us, and deserve a nice retirement :hugdog:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS