Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: thieving birds  (Read 1135 times)

harry

• Joined Mar 2009
thieving birds
« on: October 10, 2016, 07:04:25 pm »
realised wild birds are eating more out of my feeder than my hens..... could have purchased various contraptions for feed but recouping the outlay would take a long while, got thinking how I could do it for almost free,,,,, result = a small holed cage about 2 to 3 ft cubed ( from a car boot )any size big enough will do.... cut an oblong of wire out big enough for a door 3 " up from floor ... trim the cut out piece a little and re hang it from the top with cable ties to form a swing door like a cat flap......... cut a large hole in the top to get feeder in... then cover with wood.... put emergency water in as well as it takes a while to train the hens... I push them in they soon learn to push out but it takes a while to learn how to get in.... if its a cube then it stops mice etc as well.... small mesh only to stop sparrows etc...my feed hoper goes down a lot slower now, used to be 20 sparrows waiting

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS