Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Annoyed  (Read 2713 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Annoyed
« on: September 22, 2016, 01:20:59 am »
On Monday I went to buy some more goat feed from my usual place only to be told that they aren't doing the Dodson and Horrell any more because they've found one that is cheaper. Not surprised it's cheaper - it's full on GM ingredients. I looked at calf nuts as well and they are just as bad but slightly dearer. I had to buy a bag though as I was almost out of it.

I did ask about Allen and Page Dairy Goat which I used for years until my supplier changed hands and stopped getting it. Despite the place I go now being the one who took over my old supplier, they can get it for me. Had to pay in advance but we had a phone call yesterday to say it's in.

I've just about managed to slowly get them onto the new stuff and now am faced with getting them changed on A & P (who don't do Dairy Goat any more but only a general goat mix). I'm just hoping that all this change doesn't upset them.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Annoyed
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 12:34:40 pm »
Is it possible to order their favourite feed online?  Sometimes you get free delivery.  Worth looking anyway?
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Alex_

• Joined Jul 2016
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 02:26:31 pm »
I have had great experiences from http://www.broadfeed.co.uk/ when I got feed online.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 12:28:52 am »
I have ordered it direct from Allen and Page and the delivery per bag is roughly the same as the bag so doubling the price.

I looked on Broadfeed, Alex, and they offer free delivery over £25 if local.

muddypuddle

• Joined Jul 2015
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 09:36:31 am »
Are there any other suppliers in the area you can use.

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 07:02:46 pm »
It does annoy me that stores keep changing what they stock. My local store seems to change what line it stocks every 5 minutes and sometimes that works out if it means I find something the goats like but usually it means sulking and wasted food thrown about.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 01:13:56 am »
Fortunately they seem to like the current cheapy one with all the GM ingredients but I don't want them staying on it. According to Allen and Page's website there are a lot of suppliers of their products in the area but when I've phoned (and I've tried them all) they only do chicken feed or no longer stock A & P.

Becoming a distributor is not the answer as I simply don't have the room to store it. I can only buy four or five bags at a time for that reason. Good idea though for someone who has the space.

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 09:56:59 pm »
Maybe we should do something together? I have a bit more space although weatherproofing is a challenge but something that can be sorted.
we should have an ask round to see what we can do.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 12:53:47 am »
Sounds like a plan. We need to get together some time. I still have to meet your new goats.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS