Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Advice please - Clik or Crovect  (Read 3242 times)

moprabbit

• Joined Oct 2011
  • North Notts
Advice please - Clik or Crovect
« on: September 21, 2016, 04:59:53 pm »
I Clik'ed my girls about 8 weeks ago and thought that would be it, but today I saw several greenbottles landing on them. I looked through their fleece but couldn't see any eggs. I know Clik is supposed to last 16 weeks, but I do groom my sheep on a daily basis and we've had some very heavy rain. I'm wondering about the effectiveness of Clik given these circumstances. I'm going away at the weekend and don't want anything 'nasty' to happen, as it's given a good forecast.  So I wondered if I should Clik or Crovect them again tomorrow to be on the safe side? Would it do any harm if I did them again? And which would be best given the circumstances? Thank you for any advice.
4 pet sheep

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
Re: Advice please - Clik or Crovect
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 05:17:17 pm »
Clik is not going to stop the flies landing on them, in fact it doesn't stop fly eggs from hatching, it only prevents them growing to the second stage where they have mouth parts.

So I would say don't worry. ... although you say you groom your sheep on a daily basis ... what does that mean exactly... brushing?

moprabbit

• Joined Oct 2011
  • North Notts
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 06:23:32 pm »
Thanks for your reply Foobar. Yes, I brush them daily.
4 pet sheep

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 06:38:33 pm »
You do realise that you are not supposed to handle fleeces with clik or Crovect in them?
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 07:45:51 pm »
Clik sticks to the wool and every time you brush I assume you are removing some of the product  , as FOOBAR  says it is an INSECT GROWTH REGULTOR so maggots could hatch and be deformed

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 10:02:21 pm »
Clik them again now or Crovect them .. and stop brushing them!!!  You will be removing the product and also potentially harming yourself by handling the fleece.

moprabbit

• Joined Oct 2011
  • North Notts
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 11:57:30 pm »
Thanks for the advice! I don't really handle the fleece when I  brush them, but will heed the warnings and stop brushing them. I'll Click them again tomorrow. Thank you!
4 pet sheep

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS