Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: PD results came through!  (Read 1935 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
PD results came through!
« on: September 19, 2016, 03:08:14 pm »
Well we did an experiment to see if the bulls were working, we AI'd a load of cows and then left 4 alone, well they came bulling and 1 came bulling back again. We tested them all, via milk as it has proved exceedingly accurate and there is a 5% chance with the vet that the messing around in their backside can cause abortion, or so people say. Anyway 3 out of 4 are in calf, definite, so we are all really ecstatic atm. Now for PDing the other herd, plus ones dried off, which will mean the vet, to see if the other bull is working. Who'd have thought it would take this long! ::)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
Re: PD results came through!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 03:14:35 pm »
Have you had the Bulls fertility tested?

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 04:03:07 pm »
Good luck with your calves! Now, are you doing your piano practise? At least four hours a day? I may well be around one day to listen to the "Moonlight"

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 04:23:19 pm »
Good luck with your calves! Now, are you doing your piano practise? At least four hours a day? I may well be around one day to listen to the "Moonlight"
Well maybe..... not promising especially with my wrist I can't hold much now or write much now so we will see.....
Its very difficult to test their fertility, as the buffalo cows are different to cattle so often you don't see them bulling and when they are it is extremely difficult to bring them with the bull as he is a little pursuasive ::) and the vet is always out on call too, so it would be a bit hit and miss, plus they are usually standing at night time.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 04:59:09 pm »
Our vets use an electric probe method to get a sample, you don't need a bulling cow to get one.
 My neighbour farms water buffaloes, they milk a fair size herd now. I could pass on his details by pm if you wanted any advice

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 08:58:54 pm »
Yes that might be useful, thanks :)

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 09:35:41 pm »
Pm'd

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS